What's a good 5-6" lift for a 95 explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's a good 5-6" lift for a 95 explorer?

west2100

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Like the title says, I'm looking for a good 5-6" lift for a 95 Explorer. It's otherwise stock, and I'm just beginning to make it offroadable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4" Superlift and a 2" body lift. Or the superlift and TT/Shackles for the extra 1-2" of lift. The superlift is expensive though. Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the help. Looks like a great site so far. But it says on the superlift site that the 4" lift is for 96-2000 explorers, not 95s.

I'm already planning on buying a Torsen rear end, would that be adequate for the above mentioned kit?

A torsen is a limited slip differential. The ring gear bolts to it and it sits in the axle housing. The pinion drives it, which in turn, drives your axleshafts. This results in the wheels and tires rotating.

It has nothing to do with a lift.

So is there a kit I can buy without having to buy a new axle for it to work?

Originally posted by west2100
So is there a kit I can buy without having to buy a new axle for it to work?

Superlift and Trailmaster both make a 4" suspension lift, but that is it in terms of the biggest lifts that don't require a new axle.

Back