• Register Today It's free!

whats a good soft ride shock?

Cockatoo

Reaction score
City, State
Algonquin IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 4x4
time to replace the shocks on my 98 ex. i was gonna get the pro comp es3000 that are on sale at 4wheelparts. but im hearing they ride a bit rough.
the shocks i have now are they stock shocks from 98. and it rides pretty damn rough.

waht do you recomend for a softer ride?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are many good shocks out there, and if you do a search you'll find out all you need to know.

Definitely a gas charged shock.

Monroe Sensetrac are soft shock & you can get them normally at Sears.
Bilistein & Koni are shocks of choice though.

I had Monroe Sensatracs from Sears on my 01 Sport 4x4 for a little over a year. I just switched them with the Rancho 5000s (today as a matter of fact)!

I liked the Sensatracs at first...but they got a bit TOO soft for my tastes.

I upgraded my swaybar bushings and enlinks (in the front) and rear swaybar to the EE bar (beefier than stock) a while ago as well.

All in all the ride home today was much nicer than with the Sensatracs...I don't know how long the Rancho 5000s will last...but they take away much MORE of the sudden bumps and jostles in the road than the Sensatracs did.

I say go with the Rancho 5000s...

Jordan23

FWIW, I've got a brand new set of SensaTracs for sale if you're interested. They were a warranty replacement, but I upgraded to some Ranchos instead. They were never installed and include all the hardware. I just want to get rid of 'em.

-Joe

Back