Whats considered modified???

Premierexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Portland/Corvallis OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer 4.6
I got some piaa fog lights and a K&N air filter :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am guessing anything other than stock :thumbsup:

PS were at in oregon are you?

Im in Corvallis. Im getting my masters degree at Oregon State.

93liftedXLT said:
I am guessing anything other than stock :thumbsup:

PS were at in oregon are you?
If you have a non-OEM radiator hose, are you modded?

Premierexplorer said:
Im in Corvallis. Im getting my masters degree at Oregon State.

Sweet man, i am in eugene, do any wheeling much? there are like 4-5 of us lifted guys in town, and more bronco guys from broncoii.org

seat covers. awesome mod.

this isnt modified ;) :D
737088_39_full.jpg

Relocated gas pedal of course. XD

Actually, is there even one piece of the Rick's orange X that came from the factory that way? I would imagine almost everything has been replaced over time. Maybe a few nuts and bolts are factory. :D

Well his steering wheel is stock, and the engine, but that's about it.

Ray Lobato said:
Well his steering wheel is stock, and the engine, but that's about it.

The back seat, which ever section he has in it right now, is stock too. And the tailgate.

96limitedX said:
yeah anything thats not stock is considered "modified"

I don't know :rolleyes: I think when people turn there head and say was that a Explorer? :eek: That's when your modified ;)

I don't consider my truck really modified....maybe lightly. When I do the SAS..Then I will be modified! :exporange

12287on2.jpg

I would consider Modified to be anything you cant find on 10 other Explorers in a parking lot at the mall LOL :p

Stic-o said:
I don't know :rolleyes:

well thats your opinion i geuss. but the meaning of the words is to change somthing from its original(sp?) state. and anything you do to do this is considered a modifcation ;)

then i guess im moded? lights & sirens, 31x 10.5, manual hubs, system, floor ,mounted 1mil candle power flashlight/charger, tow hooks, and push bar.

I like to think that the word modified needs some help when describing your rig. Meaning you are either lightly modified (bolt on parts, performance enhancers)
or
You are "heavily" modified.
For example, my 96 Explorer is lightly modified. It is a 5.0L AWD XLT with a 3" body lift, 33" tires, a bolt on intake and exhaust.

My 88 Bronco II, well its the other one. There are 4-5 bolts on my 88 that I ahve never touched, they hold the metal underdash to the cab. The only stock parts left on my truck aside from the body and frame are the cruise control canister, the fan shroud, and the carpet (yuk).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

96limitedX said:
well thats your opinion i geuss. but the meaning of the words is to change somthing from its original(sp?) state. and anything you do to do this is considered a modifcation ;)

Well in that case every car is modified :rolleyes:

Back