Whats missing from my wheel? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats missing from my wheel?

Well I was going to post pics of the new rims but I think the internet hates me tonight. First my membership here has expired so no more easy pics. Then Cardomain will not send me my password so I can post it there. Finally I tried renewing my membership here, but paypal is just hanging after I put in my card info. Maybe Firefox 3 has issues. Anyway, I give up and will try again tomorrow:mad:.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Photobucket is pretty easy as well if all else fails for you.

Can't wait to see the pics, good luck.

Mini Me, reporting in. Here are some images of the new rims. I love the looks but I kind-of feel like a punk driving around with those fancy Dubs.;) With the increased offset I get some serious rubbing when turing tightly. It is especially bad when backing up in a turn. I plan on doing some trimming and tying back of the plastic. Any tips would be appreciated.

I have been at a loss, with what to do as a theme on the explorer. I am going to cue off the rims and go with the chrome and black look. A black bull bar with the chrome skid plate will be the next purchase. Maybe the chrome gas cover will work to. Any suggestions will be listen to.

First one for reference.
P1010654.jpg

P1010962.jpg

P1010965.jpg

Finally, now I have some serious offset.
P1010963.jpg

Before
P1010657.jpg

After
P1010964.jpg

Nice man, Good job!
looks sweet.

SDVipe,
Howd you debadge that thing, or did you repaint it?
Looks nice.

SDVipe,
Howd you debadge that thing, or did you repaint it?
Looks nice.

It is an XLS which means no features, therefore no badges (I think);). I do like the clean look, but I am thinking about wheel well flares to protect the paint from rocks the wheels love to throw.:mad:

in reference to the clear coat issue, I'd have a serious problem accepting the coating flaking/peeling off. This is at the bottom on the site listed on page one of the thread:

The DC-1 Black features a gloss black and machined finish and has a tough layer of UV clear coat protection for superior durability and ease of care, even in harshest of climates

Doesn't sound like it to me!

Ben, I hate to steal your thunder with the whole lift thing but I have a question about your wheels. Since I put mine on I have bad vibrations in the steering wheel when I travel above 45 mph. Did you have the same problems? I'm not sure if it is a bad balanced tire, or I am putting to much pressure on the whole assembly by extending the wheel out 2".

Ben, I hate to steal your thunder with the whole lift thing but I have a question about your wheels. Since I put mine on I have bad vibrations in the steering wheel when I travel above 45 mph. Did you have the same problems? I'm not sure if it is a bad balanced tire, or I am putting to much pressure on the whole assembly by extending the wheel out 2".

It's not the setup, I've had no problems at all, I'd check and see if you've got one that's not balanced well...
Sorry to hear that you're having some issues, I hope you get it resolved. :thumbsup:

Ben

Back