• Register Today It's free!

What's the best CD unit?

Greddy X-Plorer

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Infiniti QX4
what's the best CD unit I can put on my 93 X? I've seen a couple but I'll tell you what i'm running right now as far as speakers, I got 2 Alpine Type E 12" and a Kenwood 1000w amp which I don't remember what's the actual number and I'm on factory speakers, let me know what you guys think would be a good head unit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its far from the best, but i have always stuck with the Pionner Premier 700 series (i currently have the Premier 740MP) most shopd will not carry the premier line, you will have to find a good shopr or get it online.

Yeah thanks for the advice, I noticed on your webpage you got white face guages, I like them a lot, what color do they illuminate at night time? and was it hard to get them on the dash, I mean was it hard taking the dash apart? I've always wanted to change my gauges for a very long time but I've seen a lot of people say about the needles messing up and that type of thing and I don't want to be another "VICTIM" of it. Let me know.

um...mine are 2 colr...green or blue. i prefer the blue so i set it and just stuck the switch up in the dash. they werent too bad, but make sure you have some 2 sided tape. also, on the first gens there are 2 dif gauge pids...they look the same but the ebake light is in a diff location. since i use my ebrake, i had to cut a square out for it, otherwise teh only problem i ever have is sometime my tack stciks in teh winter...need more tape on teh underside. and you dont take the needles off to put them on, so no problems there.

do you have some kind of diagram or a write up showing how to do them? I really want to get them and where did you get your guages from? what store?

i got them on ebay...there are 4 or 5 dif models out there. if you have a 94, you may have to cut a hole out in the lower right to see your ebrake light (ir you use it, if not i wouldnt bother).

i dont have a wire diagram, but it was real easy; its wired to my radio. see, my radio has a feature that allows you to dimit when the head lights ome on (like factory radios do) using the same wire....well, that wire is directl connected to teh dimmer switch.

i cant remember if there are 2 or 3 wires

if 2: ground (splice into radio ground) and +12v (splice into dimmer)

if 3: ground (splice into radio ground) +12v (splice into radio constant) and dim (splice into radio dimmer).

basicaly, when i turn my parking light os headlights on, it comes on and dims from my factory dimmer, or it an also be controlled from the swticthbox that controls the color.

Back