Whats the best slave cylinder? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats the best slave cylinder?

I wonder how many of us were doing that yesterday. I was in storage looking through exhaust stuff and I have a luk slave cylinder sitting there was installed for like a month or some crap so o saved it all these years. Nowhere on it does it say “luk”
Sheesh I clearly remember the old ones having a little stamp on them
I was wiping the black plastic with spit looking at every little mark, nope no luk stamp!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Way back on Post #5 of this thread
Does anyone have a picture at to where the little black o ring goes that came with the slave cylinder I know it goes on the hydrolic line I just don’t want to put everything back together and find out it is in wrong

Does anyone have a picture at to where the little black o ring goes that came with the slave cylinder I know it goes on the hydrolic line I just don’t want to put everything back together and find out it is in wrong
Hey guys I’m going crazy just got everything out back together tryed to bleed the clutch and nothing at the pedal with new master cylinder and slave cylinder but I don’t see any leaks anyone have any idea what might be wrong

did you bench bleed the MC? (assuming youre working alone) sometimes although it may not seem like it there may be air in there still... not sure otherwise though... what was your bleeding procedure?

did you bench bleed the MC? (assuming youre working alone) sometimes although it may not seem like it there may be air in there still... not sure otherwise though... what was your bleeding procedure?
I put everything in and had my freind pump the pedal and hold the pedal down then I would open the bleeder and close it and repeat there’s fluid coming out of the bleader but just like flowing out not spraying I relaxed the slave cylinder,master cylinder and the fluid and no leaked anywhere

That’s not how you bleed these

Check this out

And

If the system is bled properly the master cylinder and the line, when you plug it into the slave cylinder it should literally take two or three short bleeds on the slave and you are done otherwise you still have air trapped in the master cylinder as shown in the video is above

I put everything in and had my freind pump the pedal and hold the pedal down then I would open the bleeder and close it and repeat there’s fluid coming out of the bleader but just like flowing out not spraying I relaxed the slave cylinder,master cylinder and the fluid and no leaked anywhere

Should I take the master cylinder out and bench bleed it
thank you guys I’m going to go try that now I will probably do the same thing in the first video and just take it out and bench bleed it

alright! hope it all work out! :D

alright! hope it all work out! :D
Thank you guys for all the help I bench bled the master cylinder and then go I shed it off once back in the truck with gravity bleeding and it feels brand new

Sweet!!!!!!

woot! happy to hear its like new! :D

Been there done that
Back in the day (like 94) I had my 5 speed transmission out and back in 4 times in one summer trying to get proper clutch action. Years later I would learn about the pea sized air bubble that gets trapped in the master cylinder…. School of hard knocks
The computer is a mechanics best tool

Back