what's the strangest item you have found | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what's the strangest item you have found

jcasey007

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
Jeep Commander 5.7L HEMI
In a second hand car?

I was fitting a nice new set of leather seats today (thanks Chris they look the business :cool: ), and I found a 9mm bullet hidden under the plastic cover of the front seat. before today I did find a packet of condoms in a Hillman Imp, only problem was I bought it from my sister :D

Attachments

• IMG00063-20100706-1954.jpg
    IMG00063-20100706-1954.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 413

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quick wipe your fingerprints off it LOL

My friend found some live hollowpoint .22lr rounds in a Nova, then we found a live .16ga shot shell in a Subaru Brat we found in a scrapyard.

All I've found is crayons in mine.

Well, shotgun and rifle rounds are commonplace in my Ex, but I guess that's just the redneck in me. My Ex being my only car, the only weird or out of place thing that I found in my car was 10 bucks in the center console, but as I am taking it apart, I have found a LOT of change.

Alll I had was dog hair- took weeks to get it all out with a pro carpet cleaner....bugger innit!

Last summer- I found a brand new, still wrapped cassette tape- of Milli Vanilli- under the back seat of a 1989 Taurus.

Girl, you know it's true... lol!

Last summer- I found a brand new, still wrapped cassette tape- of Milli Vanilli- under the back seat of a 1989 Taurus.

Girl, you know it's true... lol!

Hope you haven't unwrapped it as thats the only protection the world has against such a biohazard

Heck no- I sold it still sealed for $77 on eBay sealed... :D

I installed a remote start in my '01 ST and found resounding evidence of a past remote start as well as a vehicle tracking device hidden deep within the center stack. That was cut out pronto. Actually I found it and didn't know what it was. Went in on the internet to look up the box name and THEN promptly cut it out.

Oh and on the test drive at the dealership I folded the rear seats to find a functioning Fossil watch.

tracking device as in a secret covert tracking device or an anti-theft tracker?

I'm thinking secret. It wasn't a LoJack or anything like that. The company website said something about fleet tracking, and vehicle location services. My thoughts were either it was some type of business vehicle (salesman). Or it was originally a high risk sell to a customer. I know some dealerships will put a tracker into vehicles if they rate the customer as high risk for defaulting on the note and falling into Repo. Makes it easier to get their car back. I'm leaning towards the second one. Too low of mileage to be a work vehicle.

Ok, I've got a new one. Not particularly IN my car, but rather ON it. Earlier today I went out to my car and saw a large pool of dried blood on the hood of my car and running down the grill. We live too far away from anyone else for it to be human, so I'm not that worried about it, but it was still a bit creepy. Needless to say the Ex got a bath today!

When I was cleaning Pickle out, I found a condom wrapper under the seat, some weed bits, empty baggies, a lighter, a pair of folding scissors on a keyring, some fake ck one, pictures of some ugly chick, cds, phonebills, and other letters addressed to the previous owner and some change....

Si

I managed to buy mine off someone who collected IKEA pencils, 42 i total in the car!! not sure who was worse, them for collecting or me for counting!! LOL

Some good finds out there :cool:

I found in my first Explorer under rear seat at the very back, a red female pleasure toy of the male genitals with suction cup on the bottom :wtf: (Don't want to offend, so worded carefully) the worst part was there were teeth marks in it but on closer inspection seemed to be from a dog.

I later stuck it to the roof of my mates car before he travelled to Jap fest:burnout: :D

He got about 150 miles into trip before he stopped at services and found his new modification! Wish i had seen the faces of passers by :D

nothing to great i found a glove from apparently the factory and a manual under the carpet. pretty interesting.

I found a syringe in a '74 F250 I bought from a horse ranch.

Used baby diaper and and we have no babies, and it wasn't second hand rig, bought it brand new. :roll eyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In a New Yorker I had, I found a dead lizzard behind the carpet in the trunk

Back