What's wrong with this picture? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's wrong with this picture?

Not really a "whoops", more of a "dang, this job is really getting complicated", but anyway: what's wrong with this picture?

9309671521_6ac73cba55_z.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those shiny things should be inside the motor!

What did you do to bend that sucker??

One of these things is not like the others...

Though i could be dead wrong..the far right should not be curved...but heck, what do i know.

It looks like that motor tried to injest that nasty dihydrogen monoxide crap.

Just like humans, engines can't inhaling very much before catastrophic problems happen. :)

~Mark

What did you do to bend that sucker??

These came out of my wife's Windstar (3.8 pushrod engine).

She says she didn't do anything, but I know she was wheeling it and hydrolocked the motor :D

Oh crap...no good...

Yet another WHOOPS on this project!

Got the engine put back together, new heads, new bearings, new rings, one new rod and piston.

While lowering it into the engine bay, my piece of **** Harbor Freight shop crane blew a seal. Couldn't do anything but watch the engine fall.

At least the K-frame and transmission bellhousing caught it, so it didn't land on the oil pan!

Next up, new long ram hydraulic jack, and damage assessment.

Yet another WHOOPS on this project!

Got the engine put back together, new heads, new bearings, new rings, one new rod and piston.

While lowering it into the engine bay, my piece of **** Harbor Freight shop crane blew a seal. Couldn't do anything but watch the engine fall.

At least the K-frame and transmission bellhousing caught it, so it didn't land on the oil pan!

Next up, new long ram hydraulic jack, and damage assessment.
:eek::eek::eek: even MORE crap...man...

This is the project from hell.

Fixed my hoist. Lifted the engine up so I could get it positioned. Harbor Freight ratchet strap broke (the strap itself, not the hooks or ratchet). Engine fell into the bay AGAIN.

Switched to chains. Took engine back out. Found boogered up exhaust collector bold that had to be cut out. Also cracked a spark plug.

Pushing the carcass of the Windstar into the front yard and lighting it on fire is looking like a viable alternative.

This is the project from hell.

Fixed my hoist. Lifted the engine up so I could get it positioned. Harbor Freight ratchet strap broke (the strap itself, not the hooks or ratchet). Engine fell into the bay AGAIN.

Switched to chains. Took engine back out. Found boogered up exhaust collector bold that had to be cut out. Also cracked a spark plug.

Pushing the carcass of the Windstar into the front yard and lighting it on fire is looking like a viable alternative.
If you have one more problem with the Windstar, watch the engine drop in that bay once again, get a jug of gasoline, dump it all over that van, start it on fire in your front yard, then roast marshmallows and make smores with the family.

get a jug of gasoline, dump it all over that van, start it on fire in your front yard, then roast marshmallows and make smores with the family.

What a waste of a perfectly PITA aerostar! lol

This Windstar is the gift that keeps on giving.

Engine rebuilt and installed, all put back together, fired her up.

She ran perfect for about five miles. Then coolant started spraying out where one of the heads meets the block.

:censored:

Pretty sure that hole ain't supposed to be open.

9583073081_6cd196aae0.jpg

Core plug go BOOM!

Not really a "whoops", more of a "dang, this job is really getting complicated", but anyway: what's wrong with this picture?

9309671521_6ac73cba55_z.jpg
Bent rod #6. How's the crank and piston.
might be best to get a long block.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back