What's Your Excuse!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's Your Excuse!!

I drink too much :l

3 youg'uns and it gets dark at freekin 6 pm.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a bad habit of starting another project when the one I was working on was about 75% done. Got to the point where I was literally overwhelmed when I would walk out to the garage to do something and decided to get rid of some projects and finish the ones that were close to being done. I still have a lot left on my to do list, but narrowing my focus has helped a lot!

I spent the first half of the winter cleaning up my garage and selling off unneeded stuff. I actually have time to start the "hobby business" I've been wanting to do for the last few years now. It never hurts to take a step back and reevaluate where you are at.

I had a bad habit of starting another project when the one I was working on was about 75% done. Got to the point where I was literally overwhelmed when I would walk out to the garage to do something and decided to get rid of some projects and finish the ones that were close to being done. I still have a lot left on my to do list, but narrowing my focus has helped a lot!

I spent the first half of the winter cleaning up my garage and selling off unneeded stuff. I actually have time to start the "hobby business" I've been wanting to do for the last few years now. It never hurts to take a step back and reevaluate where you are at.

Ditto on quite a few of these points. I've just now taken that step back to evaluate the projects I want to get done vs what I need to get done. Money vs time, and now i'm trying to determine a realistic schedule of when things can get done.

Taking the responsible approach, when I use to take the throw money at it approach.

im on my second half of my first year at college full time... working 6 days a week closing. working out, sleeping, or doing homework in my downtime. my transmission linkage has been broken for about 3 weeks now. gonna take it to my buddy's shop to get it fixed hopefully thursday or friday. hopefully.

Working on paying off debt and stacking the savings account getting ready to build a house and preparing to start a family. Working full time and commuting for graduate school. Preparing the land for the house. Basically, life beyond vehicles.

I have body bushings, plugs/wires, endlink bushings, and wiper blades all sitting in the garage. Not to mention a needed thorough wash and wax. The only thing I accomplished this winter was new tires and detailing the interior.

Since this seems to be the appropriate place to whine,

My back hurts,

I dont have the money,

I am too tired,

My other vehicles need attention,

I could go on and on, all my excuses are lame. I feel much better now.

I managed to get a brush guard on over the winter, only because I go to school an work all the time lol hunting season didn't help much either... Hoping to do the SAS by summertime but I doubt that'll happen lol...

Alright! Forecast calls for 10" of snow. Time to get off of my a** and put those batteries in. Hopefully a good recharge and changing the tensioner will solve my electrical issue. If not...no fun in the snow for me tomorrow...

Alright! Forecast calls for 10" of snow. Time to get off of my a** and put those batteries in. Hopefully a good recharge and changing the tensioner will solve my electrical issue. If not...no fun in the snow for me tomorrow...

Good idea. You'll need the battery power for winching out all of the stuck vehicles in your new neighborhood :)

I'm in school full-time and have a piss-poor job that I somehow still keep working 40 hrs/week for. Most days I run on fewer than three hours of sleep.

Well, I had brake pads a a quart of fluid sitting on the bench for...A month!??

So..

1) I'm Lazy.
2) I hate a halfassed job.
3) I'm lazy and I hate a halfassed job so I damn sure want to make sure I don't have to do it twice.
4) I'm a perfectionist, once I finally get started, so I spend too much time planning for everything else that may arise while I'm in there...
5) Two kids, wife that works, soccer etc...Need to shop for soccor shoes, and dress shoes, and he needs a haircut, and she's starting dance, and he has a Lewis and Clark project....And my squirrel attention span was just thinking it would be great explorer road trip to retrace the Lewis and Clark expidition...she has a reading quota, House projects to as well that require my perfectionist procrastination.
6) Need to pay down debt.

But the brakes got done this weekend. All new Carbon Metallic pads, thoroughly cleaned and greased the anti rattle clips,clean and Anti Seize the bolts, complete fluid exchange.
Now I procratinate the diff and transfer fluid change, the shocks, the headlights, the ball joints...

Well im making the most money ive ever made, so i can afford it all but making the money im never home to tinker. Im outta state 5-7 days a week and barely have enough time to spend with my son or ol lady. I ordered a whole buncha goodies that i may not have time to install for a good while!

I just kinda gave up on my Ex, frame has rust holes, engine has 300k on it, crossmember for the rack is bent to the point i cant replace it, and a long list of electrical issues. I just kinda figure ill nurse it along until after the Moab trip and then part it out.

I just kinda gave up on my Ex, frame has rust holes, engine has 300k on it, crossmember for the rack is bent to the point i cant replace it, and a long list of electrical issues. I just kinda figure ill nurse it along until after the Moab trip and then part it out.
Never give up, with this my 3rd ex i kept rollin. For 7 years before this 96 was mine it was taken to the beach every weekend year round, i never gave up on it. Every rig is different but show it the proper love and it will respond. Always remember rust is repairable to an extent. As much as our rigs are a dime a dozen theres no reason we cant repair them to any extent, ive loved and lost to many vehicles, dont lose your love based on doubt

Its not doubt, it is a cost effectiveness issue. It will cost 2k to repair the frame, and then i still need new rockers, doors, dog legs, and even then i will still have a 300k mile engine that needs a ton of electrical work. Or for 2k i can find a 1st gen down south with minimal rust. Or for the same 2k i can get a clean 2nd gen in need of a trans (mine has under 20k on a rebuild). I can transfer all of my mods in a day, 2 tops.

After a complete build (its a toy) my wife says its her turn, my truck works but need a few more things.

well, mine is still being worked on, there is a reason is hasnt been finished and its turned into a 2 year project...
I have the "attention span of a squirrel" syndrome, and everytime im about to get done with one thing, i decide, "that would be a cool mod" and start on a diffrent project on the same truck..
Now the reason this pig isnt driveable yet is because saturday when i was suppost to put it on the trailer to take it to the driveshaft shop, i got an ideah!!
so instead of getting it to the driveshaft shop and getting it driveable, i put on some red lights of DOOM!!

20130221_204712_zps388a8067.jpg

But now i can start the truck and jam the radio and stare at my red lights of doom!!! i just cant go nowhere... :(

Awesome.. From this picture your truck is looking like a red Grave Digger! :thumbsup:

1) Lack of money
2) Lazy
3) Other stuff keeps breaking
4) Lack of time

got off my lazy a** and readjust my coilovers, straightened out my alignment as best I could in my garage, and started fitting up my aux air tank.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my only hold up is to many projects, my ranger is low on the list. I got 4 powerstroke trucks that come in front of it

Back