What's your status? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Hi
I have sent a PM to Seni but don't know if it went through. Is there a process other than send private message?
thanks
waiting in Sacrametno

Is it in your private message out box? If so, it got sent. She usually responds next day. If you don't want to pm I guess you could just post but then your putting your vin number out there in public.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks
I did that but she is probably overwhelmed
mp

thanks
mp

I'm still waiting to hear from Seni, too. I'm also from the Sacramento region so hopefully she has good news for both of us! ;)

thanks
mp

I'm still waiting to hear from Seni, too. I'm also from the Sacramento region so hopefully she has good news for both of us! ;)

I have just emailed you both! Please check your inbox for my message. Enjoy your Thursday.

~Seni :)

Ordered 3/4

VIN number 4/8

Scheduled to be built the Week of 4/25

DELIVERED! (yesterday)

Ordered: 2/21
Built: 4/1 - 4/4
Delivered: 4/14 about 7.5 weeks total

My dealer told me it was a software glitch that they are trying to fix before they deliver. It makes more sense than a shortage of rail cars. sigh....

My window sticker showed up today with a build date of 4/21. So, it was exactly 7 days before the date, just like others have said recently.

Also, I notice that a number of dealers here in MD show inventory that must have just come in this week. Several of the cars were built between 3/28 and 4/2, which works out to about two weeks for delivery.

If I would have waited till the end of February to order, I would probably have my Ex now. :rolleyes:

Ordered: 2/7
Built: 3/10

If I would have waited till the end of February to order, I would probably have my Ex now. :rolleyes:

Ordered: 2/7
Built: 3/10

Same build date as mine, and I am still waiting.

Are you near DC? I am in N. VA. Maybe destination plays a factor in the delay.

Same build date as mine, and I am still waiting.

Are you near DC? I am in N. VA. Maybe destination plays a factor in the delay.

I am in N. VA as well. Ordered through Koons in Sterling. My build date was 3/23. Hopefully we will all see ours at the same time.

I am in N. VA as well. Ordered through Koons in Sterling. My build date was 3/23. Hopefully we will all see ours at the same time.

Mine is also through Koons in Sterling.

Did not do an order, though. It was a inbound dealer order that was available.

Hoping today is my lucky day fellow Explorer owner to be's! I drove by the dealers front door,, no ex, drove by the maintenance area, no ex, thought dang, drove around the corner and
THERE IT IS!!! still sitting on the semi, partly wrapped, dirty with mud splashes and sitting nose pointed down. But I don't care! it's finally here. There are only 3 ex's in this one light town and the bronze one is finally here... If my dealer doesn't call me up pretty soon I think I'm going to take my party horn and hat to his shop anyway!
Now to get my trade cleaned out.
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
order 2/9 built 3/31 dealer 4/14 Limited 302a bronze med stone int. tow pkg

Please let me right for a change!!!lol

My X showed up at my dealer today.:) It had been there about 4 hours before I seen it.

ordered 2/4, built 4/1, SMR V2.8 4/5, dealer 4/14

Limited 4x4 301a Gold Leaf med stone int. tow pkg, BLIS

First vehicle I have seen with the Gold Leaf and it is great. It appears to be a light gold. Would have perfered white but not the $495.00. Should not show the dirt like the white or silver will.

:thumbsup: to the Ford team and all the challenges they have been faced with in getting my X built and most of all the challenge in getting it shipped as soon as they did.

Most of all I want to thank :thumbsup: Seni :thumbsup: for her assistance in providing the progress of the build. Had checked with the dealer who was getting updates of the progress, but Seni was easier to work with.

Buy :usa: vehicles built in :usa: owned by an :usa: company where the profits stays in :usa:.

May God Bless the :usa: :) :thumbsup:

Bruce :usa:

Built 3/28, Sync 3/30
ETA's 4/4, 4/9, 4/11...
From what I understand it is STILL (~5 days) sitting in a rail yard in RI
Told by dealership that they "red flagged" mine so that maybe it will be here in next couple days...

F CSR assured me that my Explorer is done with "Quality Holds" and ready for shipment. Of course, they were also sure to assure me of the rail shortage and while they would like to get the vehicle to me soon, they can make no assurances. Build date was week of 3/14 and it seems most of the people on the board were in the week before and after this production run, as many of the 3/28 vehicles are being delivered to customers. Seems like its been in and out of the factory three times.

Crossing my fingers on two weeks from today for delivery , making it exactly 11 weeks from order

F CSR assured me that my Explorer is done with "Quality Holds" and ready for shipment. Of course, they were also sure to assure me of the rail shortage and while they would like to get the vehicle to me soon, they can make no assurances. Build date was week of 3/14 and it seems most of the people on the board were in the week before and after this production run, as many of the 3/28 vehicles are being delivered to customers. Seems like its been in and out of the factory three times.

Crossing my fingers on two weeks from today for delivery , making it exactly 11 weeks from order

Ours was built on March 15 and was officially in transit as of yesterday 4/13. Almost a month of releases, re-releases, moved off site, moved back on-site, etc. Hopefully yours will be on a train headed to you soon. It was a VERY frustrating process to say the least....and I still don't have my car so we'll see!

Even after all this I do have to say that Ford Customer Service reps and my dealer have been above and beyond exceptional. I know things are out of their hand and they are looking at a computer screen for information and updates and things going on with the vehicle and "quality issues" are meant to protect and assist the owner in the long run. Let's not forget that they are just ramping up the initial production of these vehicles and if they are a little more careful in their quality checks so be it.

Even after all this I do have to say that Ford Customer Service reps and my dealer have been above and beyond exceptional. I know things are out of their hand and they are looking at a computer screen for information and updates and things going on with the vehicle and "quality issues" are meant to protect and assist the owner in the long run. Let's not forget that they are just ramping up the initial production of these vehicles and if they are a little more careful in their quality checks so be it.
I think most folks here would agree with you, even those who have been waiting a long while. The real issue is the lack of information and the apparent inability of Ford to give people straight answers about exactly what the status of their vehicle is and why any given Ex is being held versus another which is being shipped.

Totally agree about CSR, Seni and company have given exemplary service!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all could I get an update on my order, vin 3 is 1fmhk8d84bga42916 since 3-17 it has been awaiting shipment, are we now 5 weeks into awaiting shipment and its still the same status? I hope to god not, thanks in advance

Back