What's your status? | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

I just got off the phone with Ford CS. I was told there was a "stop shipment" order placed on the 2011 Explorers. The CS person did not have specific details (other than possibly another reinspection etc). Sounds like troubles are ahead. Congrats to all that have theirs, hope the problems are resolved for you! :(

Huh? That would suck. Was expecting my Ex to ship this week (was built on Saturday).

Cory/Natasha: Can you confirm or provide any additional details??

Thanks!

DH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I talked with customer service at the Ford 800# today.
They told me my Explorer was 'in transit'. It was built on May 20 (Friday), and shipped on the 21st. They said it was being shipped via the railroad. It is expected to be at my dealer (Waxahachie, Texas... near Dallas) on June 1.

"Stop Shipment"? ... I hope not.... <very strange>

Ordered - 4/18
VIN - 4/25
Window Sticker - 5/6
(Scheduled) Build Date - 5/13
ETA - ?

So far moving along awesome!!!

UPDATE -

5/23 - "in transit"
5/24 - Sync My Ride v2.8
ETA - ?

Anyone have any sense of what will happen with incentives as of June 1??

Ordered 4/22

VIN 4/29

Build 5/16

Told to expect 5-6 weeks total.

On rail car night of 5/17

Arrived in Norfolk, VA yard on 5/23

At dealership, 5/24 being prepped.

SyncMyRide - V2.8 on 5/25

...should be flying down to pickup 5/27 or 5/28

Ordered - 4/27
Vin - 5/2
Sticker - 5/16
Build Date - 5/21 (site shows 5/23)
Sync - 5/23 (v2.8)
ETA - 6/3

Limited, Tuxedo Black, Med. Light Stone, Tow, Moon Roof, 20" Pol. Alum., DVD Headrests

Talked to CSC this morning because of the rumor of shipping hold. Found out that mine is in transit with an ETA of 6/3. Can't wait....

status

ordered 3/29
supposedly scheduled for build 6/6
supposedly done middle of June.
Got a vin number. no window sticker yet

was told I could get tuxedo black when we ordered. a couple of weeks ago, I was told no I can't have it. Could have the plain black, but wanted the tuxedo, so I got the blue instead. It's a limited with just about everything in it, except the dvd entertainment and park assist.

My dealer just emailed me to say the Explorer just arrived. My son's team party is this evening so I won't be able to pick it up till tomorrow, but if anyone in Southern California is looking for a dealer with good allocation (and takes x-plan), I recommend Ken Grody Ford. From the beginning they assured me it would take 6 to 8 weeks (even after I told them about the things I read about here, they said they have ordered before and would tell me if they thought it would take longer). True to their word (imagine that), the car is here in 6 weeks plus 1 day.

4/12 (order)
4/18 (vin)
4/29 (window sticker)
5/4 (build date)
5/24 (ETA)
5/28 (revised ETA)
5/25 (delivery to dealer)
5/26 (barring personal scheduling issue, pick up)

Hey DH, Sounds like you've got some good coming your way, great for you, hope it's true.

You mentioned a "site" that showed build info, what "site" was that?

FYI, early on in my process I understood my EX to start being built in Georgia then go to "final assembly" in Chicago. I believe that's happened so far. I've called CSC a few times and have gotten the same info, still sitting in Chicago. Yesterday they told me about the "stop shipping Explorers". I hope your "final assembly" doesn't result in repeated releases, as mine has.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason why others receive them in 6 weeks or >12 weeks. I'm expected to drive out west June 11, so i'm in a pickle now!

The sky is NOT falling, just seems like it is.:)

Hey DH, Sounds like you've got some good coming your way, great for you, hope it's true.

You mentioned a "site" that showed build info, what "site" was that?

FYI, early on in my process I understood my EX to start being built in Georgia then go to "final assembly" in Chicago. I believe that's happened so far. I've called CSC a few times and have gotten the same info, still sitting in Chicago. Yesterday they told me about the "stop shipping Explorers". I hope your "final assembly" doesn't result in repeated releases, as mine has.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason why others receive them in 6 weeks or >12 weeks. I'm expected to drive out west June 11, so i'm in a pickle now!

The sky is NOT falling, just seems like it is.:)

The site I used (found from another site) was www.etis.ford.com - I believe it's a European Ford site. Not a lot of information there (if you go to Vehicle then Vehicle lookup, enter your pin, it'll show a build date (mine said 30.11.3000 - or something weird like that until yesterday, and I think that's the default until the vehicle is completed).

CSC this morning said my Ex was in Indiana on the way to the dealer, so I'm assuming that means it got out before the stop shipment....

I think delivery times (really the build schedules) are due to dealer allocation. To be honest, I was fully expecting 8-12 weeks since I ordered Tuxedo Black (and many dealers wouldn't even take the order), though I confirmed with the dealer that they had available allocation to place orders. I just think I got lucky with a 6 week turnaround (although the Ex isn't at the dealer, yet...)

Went to that site, and got this information:

Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Explorer

What would 30.11.0002 mean?

Went to that site, and got this information:

Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Explorer

What would 30.11.0002 mean?

That's the number I meant. It basically just means that it's not built yet...There's really no more information on that site, unfortunately, but when it is built, the date does get updated there (my build date from the window sticker was 5/21 but on that site it says 5/23).

Also, got an email from my dealer today about some parts questions that I asked, and he said that there was no ETA yet on my vehicle, but to check with him next week. I'm starting to get a little worried about them since CSC gave me the ETA this morning. I don't want my Ex to become their new showcase model...

My dealer just emailed me to say the Explorer just arrived. My son's team party is this evening so I won't be able to pick it up till tomorrow, but if anyone in Southern California is looking for a dealer with good allocation (and takes x-plan), I recommend Ken Grody Ford. From the beginning they assured me it would take 6 to 8 weeks (even after I told them about the things I read about here, they said they have ordered before and would tell me if they thought it would take longer). True to their word (imagine that), the car is here in 6 weeks plus 1 day.

4/12 (order)
4/18 (vin)
4/29 (window sticker)
5/4 (build date)
5/24 (ETA)
5/28 (revised ETA)
5/25 (delivery to dealer)
5/26 (barring personal scheduling issue, pick up)
Congratulations man!

Don't sweat any of the issues you see reported here unless they actually happen to you. Yes, there is a learning curve for MFT, and yes, as you look closer and get familiar with your X, you will find stuff not completely to your liking, but hey, that would be true of any vehicle. So far, so good for me. In fact, I am finding I am liking it more and more as I get comfortable with the X.

My advice is: Don't worry, be happy! ;) The new Explorer really is a sweet ride!

I finally got a VIN# after 6 ½ weeks of waiting. My dealer didn't understand the “priority” system very well and I paid for it. They set my priority at “19” retail on May 11. On May 21 there was another order which they also set as a priority 19. When Ford pulled the order, dealer only had one allotment for the month, I ended up with the short end of the stick, the other order was pulled by Ford. That other EX was build last Tuesday 5/17. I had to wait for the next round of allotments, today. I also had to call Ford Customer Service to get the VIN# and build week, July 13.

Lesson learned,
Retail orders are priority 10 thru 19
Stock order are priority 20 thru ?

REQUEST a priority of 10. Hopefully the dealership will assign the next order a priority of 11 and the next 12 if more the one are ordered. The priority only applies to the dealership.

Ordered: 4/11
Vin#: 5/26
Build Week: 6/13
Build Day: 6/?
ETA: ?

I ordered on April 8th and got my vin on May 20th. Nothing else though, told to wait for 2 weeks before the sticker shows up. My priority was a 10, not sure if that means anything helpful. No build date yet.

Priority?

How do you know its priority number, I seem to be missing something?

thanks

It was on my order confirmation that my dealer e-mailed to me. That's where I retrieved it from.

I ordered on April 8th and got my vin on May 20th. Nothing else though, told to wait for 2 weeks before the sticker shows up. My priority was a 10, not sure if that means anything helpful. No build date yet.

Priority 10 is considered a normal retail order, which is not a bad thing, however, the dealer has the ability to mark it a little higher.

Priority 1 - 5? I'm not really sure what numbers but they are reserved for Ford reps or persons of higher authority. Dealers can not assign these numbers without assistance.

I think this is the information I have read over the months, if not someone will correct me.

Okay, today is the 7th week from my order date (4/8). I've been seeing more and more X's around. To date, in the Waco, TX area, I've seen 3 different colors, white, black & silver. No bronze on one yet. That's the color that'll be on mine if and when I ever see it. Anticipation and impatience is building!

This was a reply to some emails and questions that I had with a person at Ford, I believe. I have no proof who this person was but the information that he/she knew had to be a Ford representive. This applies to the dealer I was working with.

"The lowest a dealership can prioritize an order is to a 10. The only time priority matters is when the dealership has multiple orders and how they relate to each other. So if your order is at 19, and is the only retail in the system when their allocation pulls, your order will get pulled. If the dealership puts every retails order in at 19, or 10, or any other number, then it is chance on which will get pulled. Ford encourages dealerships to "layer the bank" - place your most important order or oldest at 10, then followed by 11,12,13 and so forth. This allows the dealership to control the order that the vehicles get picked.

2nd part - The delaership does only get X amount of allocation per month. They had 1 unit for May production, 2 units for June production. The May unit wasn't going to schedule until the last week of April. Allocation definetly does play a factor. By the time the Explorer was ready to pull, there were 2 orders the system could pull.

The retail sweep system tries to get allocation to all dealers as quickly as possible, but there is still up to a 4 week delay. The dealership likely would not have had any allocation for June but for the two retail orders in April."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On rail car night of 5/17

Arrived in Norfolk, VA yard on 5/23

At dealership, 5/24 being prepped.

SyncMyRide - V2.8 on 5/25

...should be flying down to pickup 5/27 or 5/28

Delivered 5/28. 5 weeks to the day. Order priority 80, order type 2. Remote start installed by the dealer.

$1250 total rebate ($500 + $750)

I flew down this AM, picked it up, drove it 260 miles home. No torque steer, MFT behaved properly and responsively (MUCH better than the system in my VW Jetta TDI).

Back