Wheel bearings rear

baphomet666

Reaction score
City, State
Bordeaux,FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer.1994. 4WD
Hello everyone,

:scratch: Do I need a special extractor. to remove my wheel bearings rear.
If need you could post a photo to see if I can find in the garage

Thank you very much

:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Je me demande s'il voulait dire "post" #2. La vous trouverez des photos de l'outil dont vous aurez besoin.

(Pardonnez mon francais. Il y a vingt ans depuis je m'en sers).

It's not terribly difficult. I ran into a broken pinion bolt but an extractor worked pretty easily to remove the remains of the bolt and a new bolt was pretty inexpensive.

:( Yes but here in FRANCE I can not find this tool
I'll be forced to buy on eBay

If the axle is disassembled completely and you just need to remove the wheel bearings, i have used a long steel bar to do so before. just put it down the axle from one side, and tap the bearing race on the opposite side from the inside until it comes out. works great.

a slide hammer would work as well.

If the axle is disassembled completely and you just need to remove the wheel bearings, i have used a long steel bar to do so before. just put it down the axle from one side, and tap the bearing race on the opposite side from the inside until it comes out. works great.

a slide hammer would work as well.

Glacier991 say in thread

an inch lb torque wrench adapters and the 2-3/8's socket. Initially I tighthened the bearings to 20 FOOT pounds while I rotated the rotor... then I backed it off, and tightened it to 20 INCH pounds (finger tight basically... just using the tips of your fingers).

I do not understand :banghead: (20 FOOT pounds ) _ (20 INCH pounds)

:scratch: give me please the measure of tightening in Kilograms or Pounds (lb)

I'm really sorry.

the work is finished there is only this tightening to finish this job :dunno:

20 pounds is 9.07 kilograms,for the 20 inch pounds just finger tight will be close enough.What you are doing is rotating the rotor as you tighten the nut to 20 ft lbs(torque wrench),then loosen the nut and re tighten finger tight.

If you don't have a torque wrench then just snug the nut down with a wrench or pliers,then loosen and finger tight.Hopefully someone can translate that for you.:D

Back