Wheel Hub replacement Questions

emurphy96

Reaction score
City, State
BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT
Hi all,

I'm doing a front end rebuild at the start of June and I'm thinking of replacing the old wheel hubs while I'm in there doing such a big job!

Are both the front and Rear wheel hubs the same on a 2004 4x4?

Planning to get all my gear off RockAuto.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all,

I'm doing a front end rebuild at the start of June and I'm thinking of replacing the old wheel hubs while I'm in there doing such a big job!

Are both the front and Rear wheel hubs the same on a 2004 4x4?

Planning to get all my gear off RockAuto.

Thanks in advance. hardwood floor repair atlanta
I am soon to tackle the obstacle of changing the Wheel bearing assembly. If anyone has done this could you give me any guidance before hand. My question is this though as I have been trying to research this website and find if this assembly a part of a knuckle and the need to press a new bearing in or could I just spend a few more dollars and buy a wheel bearing assembly and change it out? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I am soon to tackle the obstacle of changing the Wheel bearing assembly. If anyone has done this could you give me any guidance before hand. My question is this though as I have been trying to research this website and find if this assembly a part of a knuckle and the need to press a new bearing in or could I just spend a few more dollars and buy a wheel bearing assembly and change it out? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
I am on my fourth front left wheel bearing assembly. I have tried two timkin bearings and one other which did not work either. My new order will be a Moog assembly product. I will keep all posted about this aggravating issue.

I am on my fourth front left wheel bearing assembly. I have tried two timkin bearings and one other which did not work either. My new order will be a Moog assembly product. I will keep all posted about this aggravating issue.
To be honest with this issue it will be hard to find a good manufactured hub bearing assembly. The problem is that most of them are bought from the same source which is no good. As long as the wheels aren't loose you will have to put up with the humming.

I haven't tried to replace the bearing itself but if you could find a good one it could work. The hub assembly is not part of the knuckle.

Back