• Register Today It's free!

wheelin in new jersey

tgreene92

Reaction score
City, State
south jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT x2
im looking for ppl who live and or wheel in new jersey, specifically south jersey. i have a few places close to where i live that i 4 wheel but they get old pretty quick. ive want to go to wharton state forest but dont know exactly where to go. im also looking for some other places if anyone knows.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I usually go down to the pine barrens, my favorite spot is off of rt 72 in woodland, if you are driving south towards Barnegat you will go under a railroad bridge after that find mile marker 9.5 and hang a left into the woods if you follow the trails and stay to the left it leads to a large pit with some challenging inclines near a lake. i love to go camping with friends there in the summer

sounds good ill check it out, is there more than just the pit and inclines like open space and such. you should check out the cinnaminson harbour, especially at low tide when you can get on the beach of the delaware river, theres some nice jumps, burms, hills( one huge one). its mostly sand so it dries fairly quick but right after a good rain its great. theres also some tighter trails and sweet pits. do the rangers ever go to where you said and you know anywhere else.

there are at least two pits with inclines that i have found and the are some open fields but they are grassy, at the end of the lake is a spot where the water is about a foot and a half deep where i have seen people cross. I have never seen any rangers back there, I have friends who have large parties at the pit and they always have a bonfire going and the rangers never come.

i live in north jersey (passaic county) and there are a ton of spots within a short drive of my house, mostly alot of rocks... ive been to wharton and honestly it wasnt even worth the drive, it was like a smooth dirt road. let me know if you guys wanna come wheelin up here sometime

thx both of you. if your ever in south jersey you should definetely let me know and ill show you my spots we have alot of open space beaches mud trails and good all around terrain. in a few places within 5 minutes of each other. im not sure where youve been in wharton but theres some pretty good spots often with large pits that i liked when i went. i also live alot clser than you do tho.

i also went right after it rained and i can imagined it dried out quick, seemed like alot of sand.

i live in marlton and love to ride in atco and rancocus idk how keen you'd be on coming up here though but i'll be checking out the pit which is near presidential lakes pretty soon. if u ever wanna meet up lemme no

i would like to check some of these spots out, smurfxlt where exactly in passaic is your spot that would be easier to get to but i am willing to check out all of them how can i get directions to them is there anything near them with an address that i can pull up on the nav...thanks

well there are trails directly next to atco raceway but rangers might chase you if you arent careful but rancocus woods are 100% ok to ride in but idk the address just no how to get there. if i get the address ill let you no

wheelin

im in cinnaminsin, so im only 15 mins from you in marlton. ive been to atco its not worth the ride and the chance of rangers. ive never been to rankokus but id be welling to check it out. and you should check out the cinnaminson harbour and ill show you another place we go to near the betsy ross bridge. def worth the ride from marlton

And i might have found one near perth amboy that i've never been to i just see it on google maps and will be checking it out on saturday. anyone familiar with trails off of county road 615?

ok if you wanna go to rancocus or the places you no sometime lemme no.

im in central jersey, monmouth county, there is a few spots around here, mostly out in Jackson. theres state property out there by great adventure theme park, its decent, you could spend a few hrs out there just cruising around, mostly dirt, and a few open fields with sand. there is a few good hills to climb. some of the trails are tight so i wouldnt bring a full size truck down there, but jeeps rangers b2s or xs are perfect. your allowed to be in there but there is signs posted saying only during daylight hrs, but i have wheeled at night and no one bothers u

tgreene if u wanna meet up for a ride sometime lemme no =] i need so dirt on my new tires

there are spots in bloomingdale (my town), a few off of 23 which are all like 5 minutes from bloomingdale, theyre really all over the place. if you ever wanna come down give me a few days notice and i can probably get a group of my friends to bring their trucks and we can show you guys how we do things up in north jersey.

I'm from Michigan, but my wife and I went to visit her sister in Turkey Point and we spent an entire day wheeling around Wharton State Forest. It was interesting and definitely different terrain than I'm used to at our off road park in Michigan. We encountered a ranger while out there and he was very helpful and cordial. Even though he found it odd to find a lifted Jeep Cherokee with Michigan plates roaming around out there.

Ranger rocksandvalleys.com :exp:

yea wharton is very nice =]

I can imagine what it looks like after the storm that just pounded you guys down there it was a big wash with the snow here in newyor i was hoping for some deep stuff when i woke up this morning and NOTHING...bummer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea its sick down here =p

Back