• Register Today It's free!

wheels

ddbc

Reaction score
City, State
Gold Bar, WA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 explorer xl
i probily should have searched more but i couldnt find the answer to my question so here i go i have a 91 ex that i just installed a skyjacker 5.5 lift on and i put 32/11.5 15 with 10in wheels but im haveing some rubbing issues would i be better off with 8in wheels instead and if i went with 8's would i be able to go to 33's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's it rubbing at? It cant be rubbing the fender with only 32s if its rubbing the radius arm or swaybar then 8in wheels would help.
I'll trade you :D

actually it rubs the fender when im turning not to bad just enough to let me know that it is rubbing and im sure that when i take it off road it will have serious rubbing issues.

With a 4" superlift I hardly ever rubbed my 32's(only under extreme flex). With a 3" BL I put 35's on and only had to trim the front fender a little. Give us some pics. That might help us figure out your problem.

X2 I was able to fot 35's with a 4in susp and 3in body lift but instead of trimming the fender I added an inch more of lift. Maybe your rubbing the radius arm or somethings bent.

my explorer is parked up at my uncles till i get my new driveline. i will go up there tomarrow and try to get a better look and take some pics but it only rubbs when im turning and pulling up into his driveway.

Back