Its Mud Bogg Season in Virginia

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
As the title implies. There are two event upcoming in King William County Virginia. The first one is Saturday June 18, 2005 12 to 10pm, on Route 30 across from the KWC courthouse. This event is sanctioned and has cash prizes and rules.

The second event is Saturday June 25, 2 to 10pm, at Watkins farm. It is located a couple miles south of the intersection of RT 30 and 360 (Central Garage), on Old Newborne Road (Rt 615). It is not sanctioned and promises to be a fairly festive occasion. There are no rule to run the bogg, but tow hooks and a strap are a really good idea. I went to the event in the spring and ran my junk through the hole. I will be going to this one for sure. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have already heard about these -- too bad my graduation is on the 18th. But I know my buddy is taking his 88 Dodge out there on 38s. I might be able to ride with him out there.

-Drew

So you were the guy with that sweet explorer who went in the pit. I saw you go through and it brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. haha I was planning on going to the one this weekend but i have to go to a wedding.

Watkins farm is June 25. It should be big fun.

Wish they had those events around here. Take lots of pics please and have fun!

What, they do not have mud in Cali? All that you need is a trackhoe, some water and some fools that think that they can make it through the mudhole.

Around here there are sanction events within a couple hours at least twice a month or more.

unclemeat said:
What, they do not have mud in Cali? All that you need is a trackhoe, some water and some fools that think that they can make it through the mudhole.

Around here there are sanction events within a couple hours at least twice a month or more.

Nope I know of no mud bogs like the ones you guys have out there. There are few small ones during the fair but thats it and they are very weak.

I guess there are to many sissy la la's out here and with all the laws, rules, regulations etc etc.

Positive Vibe -- you and I need to switch places. I want to crawl rocks and go on trails -- when everyone here wants to get dirty and get mud stuck in every possible place.

-Drew

i went to the watkins farm one earlier in the year it was pretty damn sweet!!

Tommy

Drew,

I have been trying to get a run to Crozet, rocks, for about 6-months now and nobody on the message board seems interested.

Positive Vibes, perhps it is not the lack of mud but the lack of fools.

Did anybody make it out to the bog last saturday?

I am planning to go to Watkins Farm this Saturday. It will be big fun.

hmm i might be ale to go ill have to talk to my girl, if i do ill be te explorer thats only spinning 2 tires, lol, stupid burned up limited slip

I rode by there today and the sign was out on Rt. 360. I should be in the area with the campers. My peops seem to have these unnatural attractions for green Blazers. If anybody makes it out there come look for me. My X is emerald green on 33 BFGs KMs.

Take lots of pics and vids!!!! Please.

It is still mud bogg season. Saturday August 27, 2005, Watkins Farm 2 to 10. Anybody?

unclemeat, was that your X I saw on the side of 360 in Aylett yesterday?

More than likely. My brother-in-law has a little shop up there and it has been there since the last mudbog. I hydrolocked the engine and we had to swap another one in. I will be bringing it home tommorow. I will NOT be takinging it through the bogg tommorow.

Back