Where can I buy the right door lock control rod 99 Explorer/Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I buy the right door lock control rod 99 Explorer/Mountaineer

kdspapa

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Oregon -Grants Pass
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0L
I have searched everywhere to locate the right door cylinder lock control rod with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get one? Discontinued at the dealer. The door rod on the driver's side is different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Junk yard is your best bet

Junk yard is your best bet
I've been searching wrecking yards online without success. Auto wrecking yards aren't what they used to be. They don't let people walk around looking for what they need. I miss those days!

. They don't let people walk around looking for what they need. I miss those days!
They do here
Look at online junk yard

I have searched everywhere to locate the right door cylinder lock control rod with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get one? Discontinued at the dealer. The door rod on the driver's side is different.

Donald's gave you the right answer... Junk yard... Sorry no dealer is going to have this part.

You need to find a local U Pull yard and pull the part yourself. Nobody at a regular JY is going to waste their time for such a small part. If you don't have any available, contact me. I have one about 15 mins away that I'm always going to for one reason or the other. I'm still not clear which linkage you need...the short one that goes to the key lock cylinder or the one that goes to the power lock actuator?

I have the 4 door mountaineer I am cannibalizing for the the Ranger mod but not sure when I would get to it for you.
If XL don't get to it let me know and we could arrange something ?

Esaiest just to buy the whole DOOR at Junkyard~!

Back