Where can i get a 1 gallon jug that has markings? (for mixing antifreeze) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can i get a 1 gallon jug that has markings? (for mixing antifreeze)

Vikram

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4W
Its crazy cos it seems like all the jugs have only markings for the first 3 quarts or so and then it doesn't really tell you where the 1 gallon marking is!

I know it prolly doesn't matter too much but I am a bit OCD and I want to have a line marking for the 0.5 and 1 gallon levels and I can't find a jug like this anywhere!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just get a half gallon container, and mark whatever jug you want. I used to have 5 gallon buckets with quart marks for transmission fluid.

Its crazy cos it seems like all the jugs have only markings for the first 3 quarts or so and then it doesn't really tell you where the 1 gallon marking is!

I know it prolly doesn't matter too much but I am a bit OCD and I want to have a line marking for the 0.5 and 1 gallon levels and I can't find a jug like this anywhere!
Use 2x 1 gallon containers that the antifreeze comes in- one new, one emptied.
Place a mark on the new container at the fluid level. There is your one gallon indicator.
Pour from the new container into the empty container until they are even. Place a mark where the fluid level is. There is your half gallon indicator.

ACCUPOUR 128oz (1 gallon) Measuring Pitcher, Plastic, Multipurpose - Great for Oil, Chemicals, Pool and Lawn - Ounce (oz) and Milliliter (mL) Increments (4000 mL) Amazon product ASIN B08WWW4SX1

Those quart marked buckets are clutch for doing tranny fluid changes. Takes the guess work out of it

Those quart marked buckets are clutch for doing tranny fluid changes. Takes the guess work out of it
I used to have one with a ring on the lid that had all-thread that connected to the bottom of the bucket. Added an air pressure regulator to the top so you could limit it to 20-30psi so you could connect to the transmission return line and force fluid through the return.

Some of the anti-freeze gallons themselves have markings on them for use to measure how much there is. Painting supplies are a good source for containers to measure fluids with, most of those are cheap too.

I mix mine by approximations, and testing with the hygrometer made for anti-freeze; hydrometer antifreeze tester at DuckDuckGo

@Mbrooks420 that is an AWESOME idea! Looks like I found my next project

Works well. Add a ball valve to the bottom and try and match the graduated bucket the line to the cooler pikes out.

I Just saw a old time dispensing jug at Wal-Mart by antifreeze area and oil area it us marked to the 6QT mark mark. . I just uses the anti- freeze container, which I saved. I mark the fill lever before opening it. Pour 1/2 into a empty container and mark the 1/2 fill mark. An them fill both containers with distill water to the full marks. Update. tooltopia is selling a 8 QT version.

Screenshot_20220103-204929.png

go to Lowes or home depot in paint dept. they have semi transparent buckets in various sizes
have not seen them in wm superstores but with bucket don't leave uncovered if animals could get to antifreeze not all has the bad tasty additive

Well I use empty windshield washer jugs,fill them halfway with water then the rest of the way with antifreeze then shake it to mix well.

Back