where did you guys run your power wire? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where did you guys run your power wire?

mikeresin

Reaction score
City, State
san rafael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 sport, 90gt
im trying to think of the best places to run the power and RCA's.
i dont want them too close together, where did you guys run yours?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My power is up my passenger side and my RCAs are down the driver side. Plenty of space!!! :)

power down drivers side.

the rest down the middle under the deadening on the floor.

I ran my power wire along the frame and then brought it up threw the gromment behind the back seat. I ran my RCA's alongs the driverside.

i ran the power in the escape down the "frame" too.

in general i'd go inside on the explorer just because it has so much room (you can fit double 0 gauge down each side if needed)

I put my power through a hole right behind the parking brake and then ran in along the floorboards until the back seat then brought it to the passenger side and it comes out of my cubby hole, the rcas are just coming from dash to passenger floorboards, there complelty hidden except for it u flip those flaps up that are right behind the rear seats overall looks good and only took about 1 hour. (couldn't find anywhere for power and didn't wanna drill!)

why is it not a good idea to run them together?

Running the power and RCA's together can cause the RCA's to pick up some electronic noise from the power line (ie alternator whine, fuel pump noise, etc.)

I ran my power line down the drivers side, RCA's down the passenger side.

ive got 4 runs of 1/0 gauge, i ran it under the car parallel to where the stock wire on the driver side runs.

wire19by.jpg

They come out there.

The grounds are the same on the other side, just bolted into the frame.

^^^
Yikes. That is an aweful lot of copper !!!!

I ran my RCA's through the center console, the power comes in through the right wheel house and down the passenger side.

Attachments

• wirethru.jpg
    wirethru.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 174
  • distro2.jpg
    distro2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 173

Back