Where do I get the aluminium thermostat housing for 07 4.0 ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where do I get the aluminium thermostat housing for 07 4.0 ?

Explorer_PL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Simmons is way overpriced IMO

The Simmons is way overpriced IMO
And doesn’t seal properly...Simmons says don’t need any rtv just install as is. I did just that to the torque he suggested and it leaked like a sieve our the t-stat cover. I took it off dried off the paper gasket and used aircraft loctite gasket dressing and it held for a few weeks..now it’s weeping up one of the bolts and out. Looks like RTV will be my last resort. I wouldn’t mind the high price if it actually worked properly but it is kind of annoying paying that much and it doesn’t seal properly.

And doesn’t seal properly...Simmons says don’t need any rtv just install as is. I did just that to the torque he suggested and it leaked like a sieve our the t-stat cover. I took it off dried off the paper gasket and used aircraft loctite gasket dressing and it held for a few weeks..now it’s weeping up one of the bolts and out. Looks like RTV will be my last resort. I wouldn’t mind the high price if it actually worked properly but it is kind of annoying paying that much and it doesn’t seal properly.
I used rtv and a gasket o ring

Back