• Register Today It's free!

where does this go

That911guy

Reaction score
City, State
Ashland City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I cant believe I'm actually posting this, but I bought my vehicle a couple weeks ago and this part was in the glove box. I cant seem to find a place on the vehilce where it looks like it goes.

I know im a 'splorer noob, so you dont have to throw that in on me. ;)

IMG_8292.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant believe I'm actually posting this, but I bought my vehicle a couple weeks ago and this part was in the glove box. I cant seem to find a place on the vehilce where it looks like it goes.

I know im a 'splorer noob, so you dont have to throw that in on me. ;)

IMG_8292.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

Cover for OBD2 data port.

It looks broken though-the little plastic lock tab looks to be broken off.

Throw it away.

thanks for the reply. I wasnt concerned that It was gonna be an issue. Was just bugging the crap out of me not knowing what the heck it was

Wait a sec. Is there any way this could go on the back of my center console as the drink holder cover? The part you pull? My center console is all sorts of jacked up, not sure why this occurred to me. Seems like I remember seeing the same XXXXXX pattern.

I was gonna say it's the Cup holder pull.....look at the 'icon' on the panel in the top picture....it's upside down, but it's a Cup...

Ryan

thanks guys. I hate it took me posting it on here before i realized this much. lol. I guess since I knew the console was ker-plunk I didnt even think about the cupholder on the rear of it.

Back