Where is the canister purge valve | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the canister purge valve

HELLOW ARMSJ BACK

I HAVE A 98 FORD EXPLORER I HAVE A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON WENT TO AUTOZONE &
FOR CODE READING & THE PERSON SAID HAD BANK 1 BANK 2 & MAF CODES hE SAID
REPLACE MAF THIS WOULD SOLVE BANK 1 & BANK 2 CODES. i REPLACED MAF SENSOR
RESET COMPUTER DROVE 20 MILES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME BACK ON.

I HAVENT WENT BACK TO AUTOZONE YET THIS WAS YESTERDAY. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P1451 Code

If you guys find an answer for this please post back , i am having the same issue when i start up in the morning , the engine will barley stay running unless i give it some gas to smooth out the idle , after about 30 secs to a minute time, the engine will smooth out or should i say the idle kicks up on its own and then she runs fine ..... i borrowed a scanner and the code i get is a P1451 saying Evaporative Emmission System Vent Control Circuit , is this thing in the back by the fuel tank? Is it under the battery? What the heck am i looking for ?? Help Help Help

its a plastic valve with a 2 wire electrical conector and 2 rubber hoeses running to it. I moves the one under the battery to a different location since i kept burning them out.

Thanks

Thanks for the location , did your check engine lite go out right away? My mechanic friend that let me borrow the scanner said i may have to cycle the system a few times before it resets, changing it out solved my rough idle at start up , , do they get wet and that causes them to fail or is there other issues with them ? Thanks for the help .

Just pull the negative battery cable for a bit and it will reset it. I was off roading often and kept submerging the truck in mud and water and it kept shorting them out. I went to the junk yard and pulled like 4 of them just in case

ROCKAUTO.com seems to have all parts we need. Might try them.

Back