Where is the programming plug to program my new key fobs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the programming plug to program my new key fobs?

rfields109

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
Ok I bought a new key fob for my '94 Explorer, 4-door, 4x4, and cannot for the life of me find the programming plug that is supposed to be behind the left rear quarter panel (with the jack and so forth). Am I getting warm or off in the weeds?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should be back there. Might have to remove the jack to find it but just look for a plug that isn't plugged into anything.

Looks like this...

4737524420_711d4b0364.jpg

4737520872_9c4daaec4f.jpg

4737517258_b2b859e838.jpg

Thank You willindsay, I'll check it tomorrow and dig deeper. I appreciate the pictures a great deal.
Rusty

Can you repost the pictures? They are not showing up!
Thank you!!!!

Sorry I got tied up with school stuff and forgot. Here they are.
DSC_5940.jpg

DSC_5939.jpg

DSC_5938.jpg

rfields109,

I may be wrong here, but weren't the Limiteds the only Gen1s with keyless entry - and thus able to use a fob?

Anyone... if I'm mistaken, jump on in here and correct me.

Interested as well with a 92 XLT..

Benjam :D

Thank you!
Dang it all, I don't have that.....I thought for sure when my father ordered this truck from Ford he'd of had to have that feature.....guess not. oh well....the two black wires with connectors I have hanging in the back must be a test ground. Either that or U-Haul might have chopped them out to put the tow package in....:(

Back