• Register Today It's free!

where to buy lowering kit?

ndhaon91

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer Sport
where is the best place to buy a lowering kit for my '02 sport? i've heard the EE kit is overpriced. someone mentioned a universal lowering kit available at most autopart stores???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

spin the tbars, get rear blocks and get the ee updated sway bars... also an alignment will be needed.. also shocks would be good as well

jim... i'd love to do all that. unfortunately, the reason i was asking is because i'm broke. :) so i'm looking for the best deal. i found some u-bolts on e-bay, but it comes with 4" blocks. could i find just a 1" block somewhere?

just buy stuff at the local parts store..... blocks are cheap.....

Look around Autozone/Pep boys/Discount Auto Parts/etc. They should have 1" blocks. As for the EE sway bars EE occasionally has group buys, and offers on some explorer sites.

I always try to remember that 'You Pay For What You Get!" I would rather pay a little more and know the people are standing behind there product.

But That's Just Me.

HotDogs

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It!!

When you buy the goodies from John V at EE, you get products that FIT and work best on your Explorer,

You definately get what you pay for. I have never regretted doing business with John.

ExplorerExpress.gif

Originally posted by TAS98xlt
ExplorerExpress.gif

so you're saying i should considering EE.... :D
OK OK!!! Well thats why i ask, so you guys can set me straight!

You do get what you pay for (check my sig)... but lowering blocks are just chunks of metal.... can't go toooo wrong with them =P

Originally posted by ndhaon91
i've heard the EE kit is overpriced. someone mentioned a universal lowering kit available at most autopart stores???

you pay the price for the right fit parts. if you don't mind a little extra effort to fit the universal block and u-bolts and on a tight budget (aren't we all) then EE is not for you.

Back