• Register Today It's free!

where to find a parts

MisticDragon

Reaction score
City, State
cadet MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
88/89 ranger
I have an 88 ranger, and a few weeks ago I started having problems with the tranny. so I droped the tranny to swap it out, but the one I got was off a 4.0and my ranger has a 2.9 so the bellhousing was diff. In my old tranny I removed the clutch pack and planet gear (the planet gear in the used one had broken teeth) and in the bottom of the drum is a bunch of what looks like pins and broken springs. where these part of the drum?, and do i need a new drum? if so where can I find 1? after taking the 2 trannies to make 1 good one (clutch pack from used tranny and planet gear from my bad tranny) i get it all together and it still dosent wanna go I hear a steady whine from the tranny and a clicking when i drive the truck. it will accelerate good for about 100 yards then bog down somtimes stalling the truck. this is my first time inside a AT tho i have rebuilt MT in the past.

Welcome to this forum! I suggest that you take a look at the sticky thread called the A4LD rebuild diary on the top of the transmission section for more information. There are various places to purchase parts, but it depends upon what you need. These rollers are not part of the drum. It could be part of a roller bearing or a one way sprag. Which planetary broke (front or rear)?

Back