Where to get a clear third brake light on a 93?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to get a clear third brake light on a 93??

I have a 93 and I want to get a clear thrid brake light so it will match the altezza lights I just got. Is there annywhere that I can get a clear thrid brake light or some way to make it clear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

keep an eye on e-bay. i have seen covvers on there. you could always tape it off and paint it.

also, nice to see a local on here again.

Originally posted by udmsvt
also, nice to see a local on here again.

Again? I'm local, and on here all the time!

ypsi is a little closer. i have only seen about 10 members from MI on here. one in monroe, one in dundee, 2 in ypsi, 1 in canton, 1 in garden city, 1 in east pointe, 1 in warren, 1 in newyago, and you.

did you see they are making another run to the silver lake dunes aug 8?

how could I paint it clear? Can I buy one from the delership that is clear?

not paint it clear, but white or body color. if you buy a new one, it will be red.

A clear one would be nice to have. If you find come across an 02 one, let me know. Yea I'm pretty close to you guys too.. I'm in Taylor , MI

hey! gotta love taylor-tucky!

:mattmoon:

sorry, you knew i had to...but hey...my home town is WASTEland, and now i live in GARBAGE city...my moms famnily was originally from STinkster.

yea, oh well. maybe we could get a little meet going somewhere?? get some more people from the area...!! it would be cool

i know of a kid in canton...hes 18 i think, plus i have another ex guy in garden city thats not on the board (19). there is another guy in garden city (18), but he stole my spare from under the truck so he's not invited. i think there is one in westland, and 2 in ypsi. hey, is there a hooters in taylor? btw, i am 19...how bout u?

as for the tail light, you wont get a clear one. i have seen covers for them though. you could always shave it out...buti would either leave it as is or paint it.

i'm 18 theres a hooters about 4 miles from my house. it's off of eureka. we could do that if everyone wants to get together

sounds like a plan...unless we bring the girls. mine would still enjoy it, but i am not sure evryones girls would. i will start a new thread.

alright just give me a link whenever

paint it you can make it look very nice and unique

sorry to bring up a dead thread, but ive been wanting to do the same thing....i mean, if you paint it body color, wont that be illeagal? and how would it shine through? has anyone painted them? if so could they post a picture? or maybe photoshop it. thanks

no, it wouldnt be illegal. you dont have to have a 3rd brake light by law...at least not that i know. if im wrong some one chime in...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

some cars dont come with a third brake light so I dont think its illegal.

Back