Where to put switches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to put switches

jonny 5

Reaction score
City, State
Seekonk, MA 02771 (home), N. Dartmouth, MA (college)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT SOHC
Need to mount switches (6) Where should i put them?

I could mount 2 sets of 3 switches or 1 set or 6

I want to put them in the center console but I'lll need to have something custom made. The switches have to be hidden.

Also where can i have stuff custom made.

Post pictures if possible

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make that 4-5 switches

What are the switches for? Why do they have to be hidden?

Thanks.....

2 for neons, 2 neons lights which are going in soon
and to keep hidden from parents

Change 2 banks of 2 or 1 bank or four

Who did four switches in the kleenex holder??? That looks good

I was the first one to put switches in the kleenex holder:

Photopoint is still down (the *******s!) and this isn't my best pic, but it's what was on my hard drive.

Attachments

• intnewconsole.jpg
    intnewconsole.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 355

No, I havethe blue illuminated rocker switches!

Someone had four of those, and I know alphasylum has two

use the overhead console.

the best spot (if not in use) would be the Garage Door opener slot. they wouldnt expect it.

or use the Sunglasses holder (i wouldnt, cuz i always keep a spare set of sunglasses in the consoles in every vehicle we own that has a console)

why dont you want your parents to know?

Maybe you read from my site when I said "putting 4 mini illum rockers sideways for my new switches"

If you put 4 there they better be mini and sideways.

Tip: get your own X and stop messing w/ mommies.

Guess again that is MY X!!!

I dont understand its not ur moms but you have to hide the switches....I can understand hidden switches, but from your mom. If its your truck it dont matter...what she hate neon or switches.

His parents will probably give him the same speech that mine used to give. "Why are you spending so much money on your car?" or "Don't you have better things to do like school work or cleaning you room?" or "I hope you don't mess something up because you have to pay for it."

I heard everything... I never thought it would end, but then I said "It's my money, no home work, my room is clean and besides, it's my room anyway, and I have a 4 year warranty that will fix stuff for me."

Yup, even though I bought my truck, my parents used to give me hell (and still do sometimes) cause #1 they're parents, but also they pay the insurance and gas.

Right now they know about everything except the N2O that's going in soon :D

My parents don't pay for anything for me. No insurance, No gas, and No car payments. That is another reason why I said the hell with them and did everything.

your parents will bug you about stuff like that until you do something big that you don't mess up or fix something that's broken on the explorer. i put some auxilary lights on my truck and rerouted some wiring and they complained for weeks. then i did a torsion twist and installed shackles and add a leafs and fixed a couple electrical problems and they stopped moaning and thought "hey, he actually knows what he's doing and not pussyfooting around messing things up!"

Yup, my parents actually think I should have done the lift, tires, and roof rack sooner. They think it looks really cool now and like riding around in it.

Hidden because parents bought the vehicle and I pay the insurance/gas

98FordX24 put it perfectly
His parents will probably give him the same speech that mine used to give. "Why are you spending so much money on your car?" or "Don't you have better things to do like school work or cleaning you room?" or "I hope you don't mess something up because you have to pay for it."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My parents let me do what I want with my X, within reason. The only thing I have to worry about is gas money, and considering I make a pretty good amount of money for my age that usually isn't a problem. To me, if I have to hide something from my parents, it isn't worth getting. There are other ways to handle the situation.

Alec's case is different, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT NOS HERE! :D :D :D

Back