Which lights should I buy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which lights should I buy?

Which lights would look better with my X's color?

• Stock

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Chrome

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Gunmetal

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

MO_GUY

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Farber, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explo Sport 4.0 SOHC
Which of these tail lights would look best on my explorer?

I know the picture of my explorer isn't all that great but here it is......

Dead Link Removed

Here are the lenses....

Chrome
FRD-EXP-9801-CHTY-G2TY-AT2X.jpg

Gunmetal
FRD-EXP-9802-GUTY-XXG2-AT2X.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

need more choices!!

I just dont like the design of those tails. Personally, I would smoke em. I plan on doing mine sometime soon.

smokoing them is great for a few months. now i'm bored with them again. i need some freaking altezza's soon. these co.'s keep screwing me. i think altezza's will totally re-make the look of the back of my X. i like the black altezza's, but you do have other choices.

stock- the red on the stock lights for the most part matches your body color, and the lights would match even closer if they were smoked...

MHO

what I would do first is buy that red transparent paint and paint the amber part of your stock ones red to match your explorer. I've seen it done on a ranger and it looked very nice.

Out of those choices, stock. But, if you're going to buy new ones, go with the gun metal ones. I think the clear ones are too bling-bling, unless that's the look you want, but from the picture, I doubt it.

I personally like these: Dead Link Removed

Mold in 2001-2003 Explorer Sport lights there close to the same size and shape. Not exactly but close or even the new 4 door ones that would be awesome. But i would keep them stock becuase of the red if it was black or like a darker green or grey maybe but not the red for the gunmatel lights. The Chrome ones are way to rice and everyone and there brother has them. Of course i say this now while nobody makes them for my 2001 lol. Good luck man.

how bout you just go buy you some black tinted light covers fron the front and rear lights...mine look great!

Back