• Register Today It's free!

which tow hooks

Thelt

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
Anyone know which tow hooks will fit a 3rd gen? I think some of the ones off an F150 will work but I am not sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just took off my factory ones, pm me ill sell them to ya if u want

You can go with the above offer, but F-150 hooks '98-'03 fit perfectly.

IMG00052-20090726-1629.jpg

IMG00053-20090726-1629.jpg

The F-150 hooks are beefier than the factory Ex ones.

the hooks i took off my x are pretty f'n heavy

I do not need them to be super beefy. I just do not want to have to get pulled out via a control arm again.

Then I would go with xplorer03's offer. :thumbsup:

ill get back to u on that shipping tomorrow thelt.

That is cool, just let me know. I about got in trouble today. I went down a forest service road and it turned into private property without warning. Getting arrested for trespassing would be bad.

I got my tow hooks off a '98 F-150
tow_hooks.jpg

Then made them my own...
IMG_3120.jpg
IMG_3118.jpg

What did you do with your plastic trim? Looks almost like rhino liner for a pickup bed, pretty cool.

What did you do with your plastic trim? Looks almost like rhino liner for a pickup bed, pretty cool.

Yea... that's Herculiner that I rolled on to get rid of those terrible gray plastic trims. I have a thread on here documenting the process.

Yea... that's Herculiner that I rolled on to get rid of those terrible gray plastic trims. I have a thread on here documenting the process.

Link? I've wanted to do that for the longest time...

awesome. i was thinking about the tow hooks here for a while and stumbled across this forum.

SO what bolts do i use?

or can i go to a dealer and ask for tow hooks for my 04 explorer and he can come up with something? or the only ones are for the f 150

i got some tow hooks. had to check back to see if they were the right ones.

Just happened to ask my sister in law's b/f who has a ton of car/truck parts, i mean alot.

"hey you got some 98-03 f 150 tow hooks"

Him - reachs in a bucket " here you go"

didnt expect him to have them in a bucket right next to him.

:)

now i have to get some bolts/nuts and get them cleaned up.

I did my trim in flat black a while back. It was silver since mine is a limited but i got tired of it. It is nice to be able to touch up a scratch with a spray can...

Back