• Register Today It's free!

Which way to go?

makin_8

Reaction score
City, State
Red Deer, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT Limited AWD
hi everyone....I have a 1996 explorer xlt limited awd and was wondering which way to go for lift.

Option 1 - 3" b/l/TT/Shackles

Option 2 - 4" suspension lift

Option 3 - 3' b/l/Shackles??

Obviously, option 1 would be cheaper, cause the 4" suspension lift costs about
2300 but just wondering what ppl thought. Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its a daily driver but i want to be able to go off roadin' as well. I was just going
to go with 31's but want alittle more of an agressive look, so i'm thinking 333x12.50s. And according to what ive read (the sticky about about lift and tires is great!) I need at least 4inches of lift, correct?

You might need more than 4" with 333" tires! :p:

I'd go with option 1. There are a ton of peeps on this site running that combo. It's the cheaper and easier way to go, and should do you good.

lol thems would be sum tires alright.....obviously i meant 33s.....And I think option 1 is the way Im going to go....as froader said, there's a few ppl running that and they seem happy with it.

ok...time for a newbie question....how would I recalibrate me speed? I think I read somewhere that I'd have to get a speedo cable with one less tooth than the one i have. Correct? Or no?

Back