Which wheel bearing is it? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which wheel bearing is it?

I must say, if you did repairs this cheap you would have people line up around the block. Even at a junkyard they want $75 for a used bearing hub assembly.

on another note I am glad to see that the poster found a solution, is there any marginal difference in the $160 part compared to the $120 mastercraft?

Not sure if price is a factor but my assumption is if Timken (a well known bearing manufacture) is going to put thier name on it, they must have some level of confidence in the quality of the part. This part is warranted for 1 year. Auto Zone also offer the Valucraft verion for $123 with no stated warranty.

I want to thank everyone who helped me on this. Next time I will post more information about the vehicle.

Not sure if price is a factor but my assumption is if Timken (a well known bearing manufacture) is going to put thier name on it, they must have some level of confidence in the quality of the part. This part is warranted for 1 year. Auto Zone also offer the Valucraft verion for $123 with no stated warranty.

I want to thank everyone who helped me on this. Next time I will post more information about the vehicle.

Timken's usually are more expensive than others; and for a good reason. They are worth it!

Back