Who has 32's and TT/Shackles | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who has 32's and TT/Shackles

I know someone on here with a black explorer has 32's with only a TT/Shackle. I am thinking about getting the 32X11.5 BFG AT's. I juat have a few questions for you. I had the 31's and it appeared that i could have gone 32's. I was wondering if they fit good and didn't rub a whole lot. I know my 10.5's rubed the sway bar at full lock, but i'm not worried about that, just on trails and fenders type stuff. I can get the 32's for $580 installed, so please get back to me on this!

I think it took me a weekend to put it on the first time due to having to hacksaw those front bolts off... I bought an impact wrench before i took the lift off and it took me maybe 4 hours to do the whole thing... and that included a run to the store to find more bolts. I highly recommend using an impact wrench to get those bolts out. The first time, I used a breaker bar and it worked but it took a while and my hands paid for it. If your friend has done a body lift before and you don't have any major problems getting your factory bolts out, you should be able to do it in less than a day... I imagine you will have to find a couple bolts which may be tricky. The thing with the included bolts is that they are M12X1.75 bolts which is the same threading as your bushings. I made it a quest to find M12X1.75 nuts and bolts and keep everything metric but i ended up drilling out all of the bushings anyway. If i did it over again, I would just replace them all with standard nuts and bolts for a couple reasons... standards are MUCH easier to find in that length and they are MUCH cheaper than M12 metric bolts... the replacements i bought to lower it again were about $2.50 per bolt. Compare that to maybe $1.50 per POUND for standard bolts.

-Kevin

32x11.5/16s and 285/75R16s

I've had the 32x11.5/16s on with just the torsion twist, and shackle lift. Fit fine with the stock 16x7s. Just a little rubbing on the sway bar.
I've got the 285s on now. Approximately 33x10.5 in size. No rubbing at all with 2" of body lift in addition to the tt/shackles. Am going to 33x12.5s with 15x8 wheels and a little less backspacing in the near future.
Rick

Back