The endless question! 31 or 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The endless question! 31 or 32

Mostly street truck, will see dirt roads but never hard off- roading have done tt/ shackle 3.73's don't want to kill milage real bad. Daily driver 60-75 miles a day. Don't want to do body lift, don't have $ to do superlift. will put on BFG T/A's on stock teardrops. (yes 11.5 will fit on a 7" rim) So I ask ? 31's or 32's???? :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

please move this post to tires!!:mad:

31x10.50, and the thread was moved.

I third it. I had 32s with only TT/shackles and I HAD to do a body lift due to rubbing (even after cutting metal).

I say 31's.. with 3.73's and 32's you will lose a little power.. and since you don't really wheel it, why lose the power when you don't need to.

~Mark..

the only reason y i ask

is because i have seen other ex's on the street with 31's and they don't look any higher then mine now. and runing stock tire size now (235x75x15)

235x75x15 should measure out to 29 inches, a 31 inch tire will give you about 1 inch of lift, and will also throw off your speedometer a little, plus the 10 inch width would be bstter on the stock wheel than the 11.5 width on a 32 inch tire. Also the 31 will give you more free travel with out rubbing in the wheel wells. A 32 inch tire is only going to give you 1/2 inch more lift than a 31, and also may give you grief with the rubbing issue as well as shift points, and speedometer reading. Lots of things to consider when up sizing tires.

I also agree on 31X10.50...:)

Well that just bites

You know I had a '96 ranger before this and always wanted to put 32's or 33's on it but could not because of a 4 banger (had a 4in. lift)

O' well 31's it is!

Back