Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

• No problems the transmission works well

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Occasional glitches that I can live with or rarely notice

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Constant reproducible issues

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Constant intermittent issues that never get dealt with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
POPCORN.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was trying to find out why my car is so herky jerky and I realized that pretty much anytime you touch the throttle, the trans immediately shifts either up or down. This means that it Is impossible to be smooth as it will not accelerate in whatever gear it’s in. Then if you ease off the throttle at all it immediately seeks another gear, another jerk.

I don't have a tune yet because I am a noob but some ST owners have reported to gotten a tune and it makes the shifts smoother and the ST more faster. Not a lot of ST owners on here are complaining, maybe like 5 people out of like 100K or so.

I don't have a tune yet because I am a noob but some ST owners have reported to gotten a tune and it makes the shifts smoother and the ST more faster. Not a lot of ST owners on here are complaining, maybe like 5 people out of like 100K or so.

Yeah it's definitely a tuning issue however the clunking and the herky jerky makes it seem like it's an inferior unit as a whole.

But definitely the 10 speed doesn't work well with the 2.3L owners. Happens all across the board. Not just the explorers.

Maybe when ford goes EV for the explorer life will be easier for owners.

Why does this person keep claiming that BIG LIE that the 10 speed doesn't work well with the 2.3 liter. Mine and 14 others works just fine so obviously it is this persons who is not. I actually think the 10 speed works better in the 2.3 liter than it did with the 3.0 liter diesel motor and 3.5 liter eco boost which I have driven the 10 speed in.

The 10 speed generally works quite well with the 2.3L

Mine has been very smooth

Mine has been very smooth
Mine is fine. When I first start out in the morning ( or afternoon but cold car) the 1-2 shift is hard but its only the first shift. After that it is fine and seemless. There are time when going up a small incline I would like it to kick down sooner on its own, but I have select shift and can drop a gear when I want to. I am over all very happy with the 10 speed.

Back