Who lives in Illinois? | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who lives in Illinois?

uh....i dunno....well see when we get there, eh?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Skid plate

Splashman, before you buy ANYTHING at all. Goto the Ford dealer and order a fuel tank skid plate, it's about $118 and includes all the mounting hardware. I can't stress this enough! GET A TANK SKID FIRST!

I learned the hard way and crushed the shiznit out of my tank.

I have some add-a-leafs if anyone is interested.

Andre, don't forget to bring the light bar.

[Edited by 2001ExpSport on 02-09-2001 at 04:51 PM]

Splashman, if you decide to go with the skid plate, check with Torrie at Fordpartsnetwork.com, I checked into them a couple of months ago, he had a better price on it. If I recall correctly, it was around $75. Gives you a little more money for other toys. Make sure you don't already have one underneath your tank though. My window sticker didn't say anything about the skid plate, which is why I emailed Torrie. Luckily, I didn't order one right away, because low-and-behold, my truck came with one.

Eric, I'm in for Sunday, along with the J**p guy.

$104 from Torrie plus $6 shipping. Still better than The dealer.

The skid plate is coming out of a seperate fund(In other words I am trying to get my Pa to pay for it), but I will have one by hook or crook come Attica time.

Here is the list that I came up with:
1. CB 2. CB antenna
3. Smittybilt Tail Light Guards 4. Hidden Hitch
5. Ventvisor 6. Tow strap
7. Roof Rack w/Tire carrier 8. Another set of Tow Hooks

I only have $300 right now, so obviously some things are going to have to wait, but this is what I think I should try to get first. Whatcha guys think? I am I way off or going in the right direction?

Splash,

A CB is a must have item. The antenna should be part of the CB purchases (one needs the other). I for one wouldn’t rush to get tail light guards (unless your doing it for looks) because it’s rear to break tail light while off roading! Now guys, don’t inundate me with “I broke mine while off road” stories. I know it happens, just rarely. I don’t know what a ventvisor is so I cant comment on it. Is it that shade thing that mounts outside just above the windshield? Tow straps are a must have and so are tow hooks! No Explorer would be complete without a roof rack!

Ventvisors are rain shelds for the windows. Tail gards are mainly for looks. I want to get a roof rack like yours with the tire carrier. All of these can wait, but they are things that I want. I am also adding a 12volt air compressor to the list. I think I am just going to get up Sat and go to Radio Shack and get my CB and anntena and then just work my way from Pep Boys to Wal-mart and Super K-mart and see what I come home with.

One time when I was wheelin' a had to back up and.....ah, nevermind...

Uh, okay....Sunday, 4pm....Hooters in Woodfield on Golf road.....Andre, springs for 60.....Scott....Steering stabilizer....Did we say 40 or 50 fer that thing? Just checkin to make sure all is correct....although, I'm gonna roll so that I make it home for dinner that night....I need good home cookin while I am home from school, and mommy is making a large steak dinner, at my request! :) So, I will be there! Livin' large!
Pete

Pete, sometimes I wonder about you.......I was just joking about this whole short bus thing, but I guess it really hits home with you.

Hey guys I will be probably be bring one of those Lund spoiler thingie (I think it is called a Windjammer). If anyone wants to take it off my hands go ahead. I painted it black and kinda did a ****ty job on it, but nothing some sanding won't fix. Plus you would have to add some 3M double sided tape. Anyway it fits 91-94 and you can't beat the price: free! I didn't like how it looked on my 2dr. it would probably look better on 4dr. So it is just collecting dust in the garage so I will bring it. Well see you guys on Sun.

South Elgin IL

Hi, I just got my new '96 explorer XLT and i live in south elgin. I hope to meet other explorer board members on this site who live in illinois. I am new to the explorer and think its a lot of fun. I find this site a great help for owners. Thanks a lot!

South Elgin? so You're just across the tollway from me. West Carpentersville here!!!

Join us tomorrow,,,, if you can. By 4:00 PM all of us should be there so anybody else that wants to join,,,,, come by!!!

See Ya!

Been there, done that! Man it was cold! Thermometer was showing 27 but it was more than that....... or less? damn it was cold!

Anyway, Hooters Fest ended up as "Pizzeria UNO Fest 2001" and I don't think we all missed those girls,,,,,,, did we guys?

I guess after a while standing out in the open parking lot we got so cold we didn't really care anymore where we went to eat (to get warm actually). We had some food, (Scott really needed that), had a little chat (Pete got so excited he wet his pants) and then after exchanging some goods we all departed (and I ended up with some extra goodies and I'm still stuck with my light bar). I'm still trying to warm back up to me previous temperature. I just hope that our April run in Attica will be a bit warmer. Perhaps when it gets warmer we can get together again? Pictures coming soon. I just have to find a place to load them. It was fun meeting all you guys! Hope to see more of you when it gets warmer.

See Ya!

I updated the NoIEC web site (check out the “What’s going on” section). Dig the new Northern Illinois Explorer Club logo!!!!!!

Club2.jpg

It was fun and as Andre said COLD! Next NoIEC get together will be in June, July or August!!!!!!!

Andre, you can e-mail me the pictures and I’ll post them in the NoIEC site!

Eric, that would be a great picture to put on the main Club's page!
I sent those pix to you.

Next time? Summer definatelly!!!

See Ya!

I agree, it was damn cold. I say we black list Hooter's. (OK, on second thought, let's not!) It was cool meeting the faces behind the names. Hope to do it again soon. Eric, I like the logo.

Originally posted by Andre Hryn
Eric, that would be a great picture to put on the main Club's page!

It’s already there my friend! I got your pictures too. I’m making an outing page and will have it up by tomorrow!

Anybody else got pictures?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what a bunch of yahoos!!!!!

Feb11$06.jpg

Feb11$01.jpg

Back