• Register Today It's free!

Who says....

coco944x4s

Reaction score
City, State
Staley, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer 78 F150
...you cant fit 33x12.50x15's with only 2inches of lift?

1031101018.jpg

1031101632a.jpg

I used a 2 inch F150 leveling spacer in the front, made my own shackles for the rear, and only had to trim a 1.5" by 4" triangular piece of fender off the front. Had to trim the crap outta the fender liner, but it still does its job. I ran it through a ditch at my buddies house, the rear tire stuffed up into the fender and hit the body on the inside, no fender lip contact or sheet metal damage from flexing out as far as it would go. Wish i had pics of it, its back stock now.

Is that 2" of suspension lift and front bumper missing and rear of front fenders cut?

What size rims are those? 15x8?

What happens when you flex it with the sway bars off? We have 3.5"-ish of lift and when flexed hard the rears rub hard on the inner part of the fender (liner). The fronts don't really rub, other than on the Radius arms, but I don't count that.

~Mark

The picture below is an illustration of how i trimmed the front fender.

fendertrim.jpg

The green is the original fender, the only part of the fender that was cut AT ALL is the portion shown in red. The rest of the entire stock fender was left intact.

The wheels are 15x9...odd ball size, but i measured them myself.

The front bumper is gone, i made my own "shorty" bumper that has not been finished out fully, it will end up resembling a ARB type bumper.

The rear fender wells are completely stock, no cuts or modifications have been made to the rear. The tires did rub in the rear on the "liner" part, the fender well itself, NOT the quarter panel or fender lip.

I intentionally left the front sway bars hooked up due to it being my DD to see what if would do with them on. I did also remove the crappy looking side body cladding/trim stuff. But i hated that stuff anyway.

Back