Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself?

Does your ambient lighting change color by itself?

• Total voters

vteckiller2000

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I have had issues with my MFT resetting the ambient lighting back to blue from red since the day I took home the truck.

Updating the software did not affect it at all and I believe it is current.

The battery has not been discharged and nobody else drives it but me.

Who else has this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it was discovered that this happens when MFT detects an error and re-initializes itself. Only happens on the most recent version.

When MFT does a reboot(Performing System Maintenance) it resets the ambient lighting back to default.(Blue). The latest version, 3.6, will do a reboot when the vehicle is shut off. So you may never see the actual "performing system maintenance" screen. The time between reboots seems to depend on how and what your doing with MFT.

wkp

In addition to resetting it to blue, it also resets it to the highest lighting level, and resets the offset dimming of the screen. My guess is the programmer didn't have those 3 settings saved during the reboot, so they go back to default values.

I just started having this problem also. It has been resetting back to blue occasionally. Now it will not change at all. You can select another color but it stays blue in the vehicle. I have a 2014 Explorer Sport with 2200 miles on it.

I just started having this problem also. It has been resetting back to blue occasionally. Now it will not change at all. You can select another color but it stays blue in the vehicle. I have a 2014 Explorer Sport with 2200 miles on it.

It's always the default blue if your door is open.

Yes. Very annoying.

And I thought I was alone!

I keep setting it to RED. It will stay that way for a few days and then go back to BLUE. Very annoying!

Our resets to blue after a few days. Collision warning also resets to highest level.

My Limited would reset itself-- purchased in January 2014, however my Sport has not reset itself once. I don't recall what the last update that the Limited had-- but just know it was annoying.

Happens about once a week with me.

Ours changes to default blue when initially getting in the vehicle then changes to the preferred color.

Well don't go get all excited but I ran across a TSB that came out on the 19th that may possibly address this issue. Perhaps the Ford expert can chime in here.

TSB 14-0175
FORD: 2011-2014 Edge, Explorer
2013-2014 F-150, Flex, Fusion, Taurus

LINCOLN: 2011-2014 MKX
2013-2014 MKS, MKT, MKZ

ISSUE:
Some 2011-2014 Edge, Explorer, MKX, 2013-2014 Fusion, Taurus, Explorer, Flex, F-150, MKZ, MKT and MKS vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch™/MyLincoln Touch™ and ambient lighting may exhibit the ambient lighting defaulting to white on Lincoln vehicles or ice-blue on Ford vehicles after cycling the ignition switch.

Unfortunately at this point its a dealer visit at this point. Perhaps the next MFT update will include the fix.

Ours changes to default blue when initially getting in the vehicle then changes to the preferred color.
That is the way it works.

Peter

I had to reset mine this week along with the camera delay. I think this may be caused by those 'stealth' reboots that occur to 'refresh' the MFT when the vehicle is off.:dunno:

Peter

I also have this problem now and then, maybe once every few weeks or so... :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've only had my 2013 Explorer for a month, but it did this to me yesterday. I thought at first maybe it was a bug with using the remote start. I was actually surprised the lights even came on, but I guess it was still early enough in the morning that the auto setting decided it wasn't bright enough yet. I also noticed all my radio presets got wiped once about a week after I brought it home. Thought my husband had been piddling with it. *L* How do I obtain the MFT update? When I go to support.ford.com, it tells me that my SYNC is up-to-date, but was last updated in March of 2012!!

Back