Why EE sway bars? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why EE sway bars?

Just fyi, mine are NOT chromed. Chrom moly steel is not the same as Crome plated. They came painted black when they arrived new, now they are rust color. Dunno maybe they've changed it around, it's hard to tell with their web site. But my guess is that they are still black.
I seriously doubt that they are any different from any other type of aftermarket swaybar.
--Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are powder coated gloss black

Bored's is rusty (lives in IL). Al's are not (lives in FL). Rust is a serious concern. Thats part of the reason for this thread to exist. To make real comparisons. Thanks guys. :)

Could they be coated with rustoleum or something?

Brian_B said:
Bored's is rusty (lives in IL). Al's are not (lives in FL). Rust is a serious concern. Thats part of the reason for this thread to exist. To make real comparisons. Thanks guys. :)
It would take 150 yrs for rust to have any effect on an over 1 inch steel bar. nothing to worry about

spindlecone said:
It would take 150 yrs for rust to have any effect on an over 1 inch steel bar. nothing to worry about

I know that. I grew up in a steel fab shop. I just would hate seeing rusty hunk of metal under there or have to paint it every year.

Are the EE ones actually powder coated? It does not say that on the website unles I missed it. If so, thats extremely durable.

Brian_B said:
I know that. I grew up in a steel fab shop. I just would hate seeing rusty hunk of metal under there or have to paint it every year.

Are the EE ones actually powder coated? It does not say that on the website unles I missed it. If so, thats extremely durable.
Thats what J vanick told me 2.5 yrs ago, no rust on mine

Two years in MI on my EE bar and NO rust.
I got the EE bar because the folks at EE had their choice of all bars to sell and picked out the best, in their opinion. They had more knowledge and time to invest in their choice than do I. So I went with them.
The difference in price is less than you spend on pop in a month.

Get in touch with EE, see about doing a GP, thats how I got mine on another site, you get a code and deal with EE direct

spindlecone said:
Get in touch with EE, see about doing a GP, thats how I got mine on another site, you get a code and deal with EE direct

That would be the only way a lot of us would ever get involved in a GB again (well me anyway). :rolleyes:

Something to think about down the road. :)

I would be interested in that, how much did EE knock off last time?

Please wait till late Winter to do a group buy :) I have no money that I can use now :(

No one said they were going to. Its a good idea eventually, since you deal with the company directly. There should not be any big problems for that one.

I have no available funds now either, so don't feel alone. :(
school starts up next week, but the first pay check is a long ways off.

How about the X-Spec bars at Explorer Express?

50_xspecbar_small.jpg

I'm broke too, winter would be a good idea

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The "X-Spec" and the EE swaybars we've been talking about are one and the same.

Back