Why EE sway bars? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why EE sway bars?

Man, I just realized how much bank EE makes off those big rods. =(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IAmTodd said:
Have you read any of this thread!? LOL :rolleyes:

I didn't see anywhere that said X-Spec = EE :rolleyes:

Skibum1989 said:
The "X-Spec" and the EE swaybars we've been talking about are one and the same.

Gracias...so where does EE come from?

Edit = Explorer Express....duh. I'm tired, I think I'll take a nap :)

Explorer Express

Oh boy.....

Sorry spta97. I should have spelled it out. EE is just the abbreviation eveyone uses around here for explorer express. That and X-spec takes to long to type. I am really lazy. :D

There is a lot of good information in this thread though. I am glad I got up enough nerve to post it finally. I was not trying to down play how good the EE sway bars are. I just wanted to know why. Thanks everyone. :)

Brian_B said:
Sorry spta97. I should have spelled it out. EE is just the abbreviation eveyone uses around here for explorer express. That and X-spec takes to long to type. I am really lazy. :D

There is a lot of good information in this thread though. I am glad I got up enough nerve to post it finally. I was not trying to down play how good the EE sway bars are. I just wanted to know why. Thanks everyone. :)

LOL..no problem. My brain not workey too well at the end of the week. :D

Brian, here is another option for you. I have a 1973 Ranchero that I bought a sway bar for, from Addco. Their bar for that vehicle was 1" in diameter, and I wanted more. I paid them extra to make the largest that they could at the time, a 1.25" bar. You might ask themn if they can make their Explorer rear bar in a size like the EE bar.

I have two of the X-spec rear bars, and the size is excellent for the Explorer. Good luck,

Rumour has it that "Dirty Dog" has a rear for sale. At least that's what he told me today when he put a new alternator in my Ex. ;)

I put EE swaybars on my truck almost 2 years ago, and didn't realize how awesome they were untill I busted my endlinks removing them for a wheeling trip last weekend.

The off-pavent ride is better without, but high speed cornering with no bars is downright scary. Even on an offroad rig, they make a huge difference on-pavement. I might fab up quick discos, but would NEVER remove them.

I'm up in rust central New England, and my bars haven't rusted at all. I can't say the same for my Rancho 9000x shocks, which were installed only a few months earlier.

celly said:
Rumour has it that "Dirty Dog" has a rear for sale. At least that's what he told me today when he put a new alternator in my Ex. ;)

Is that a member here? I will run a search. Izackery (sp?) beat me to one yesterday.

EDIT: found him and sent a PM. Thanks for the tip celly. :)

Hey guys,

I emailed EE about the mystery metal in their swaybars when this thread started and just now recieved a response:
Hi Zach,

Our sway bars are cold formed from high strength steel and powder coated. We have sold thousands of the sway bars and have not had any issues.

Thanks for your inquiry,
Dave Vanek
Explorer Express

Back