Why Not Stock Size?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why Not Stock Size??

Guys,

I am looking for new tires and was wondering why not just go with the stock size for my 2001.

In the 235/75/16's is was considering the Revo's, which on TireRack are exactly $100 each with a $75 rebate on 4.

When I start checking larger sized tires the prices tend to jump way up.

I considered going with a larger Kumho or Dunlop, which seemed to get very good reviews. I could jump up to almost 265/60/16's for the price of the stock sized Revo's.

Pro's/Con's, stick with the stock sized Revo's or jump up to a larger Kumho/Dunlop. I'm live in Massachusetts, so weather is always a factor, while the Revo's lead in every category, the other's are not far behind.

thanks for any input,

chris

yeah, exactly, why not go with the stock sizes? its cheaper than larger sizes and uv found a deal already. as far as winter goes, think about the normal cars that dont have 4wd and are able to get around MA just fine.

Yep, if you dont need larger tires for more ground clearance you should be just fine. Remember, alot of people buy larger tires because it looks better or just to set their truck apart from the rest. If you dont care about that, get the stock size.

Unless you actually have a need for larger tires, the stock size are fine and you will get the best gas mileage with them.

Good luck... let us know what you get.

rhyno said:
Remember, alot of people buy larger tires because it looks better or just to set their truck apart from the rest.

true true.. (btw hellow fellow Gaithersburg dweller :confused: ).

Back