need new tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need new tires

I need new tires. I live in New Hampshire so I have snow to deal with (I plow with the X), rain and I like to off road now and then. i don't do rock crawling mostly wood trails. they are snowmobile trails that i help work on for the local club.

I have Sears TrailHandlers now, 31x10.5. Yes I am serious. got them really cheap from my brother. i need new tires and that work. lasted me 2 yrs. Simalier tread to the old BFG's.

Well I know need something skinner for plowing. So I am thinking of stock height but really don't want to. Here are some sizes and tires I am looking at. Tell me what u think and what is the best u have use. thanks!

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
235/75-15 or 265/70-15

Yoko Geolander A/T +11
235/75-15 or 30x9.5-15 or 31x10.5-15

Michlein LTX A/T
235/75-15 or 31x10.5

BFG All Terrain T/A KO's
235/75-15 or 30x9.5-15 or 31x10.5-15

Pirelli Scorpion A/T
235/75-15 or 255/75-15

Kumho Road Ventura AT 825
235/75-15 or 255/70-15 or 265/70-15

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stick with the BFGs. some 1st gens can fit 31s w/o rub, some cant. if you can, i would otherwise i would recommend 30x9.5 BFGs.....no worry of rub, aggressive tread, nice ride, great wear/warranty.

DO NOT GET THE MICHELINS! i've used them before and i know someone who still has them. yeah, they last forever but ride isnt as good as teh BFGs and they suck when wet!...lets not even get into the snow factor.

BFG or Pirelli.

BFG's

no one for the Duelers?

Right now from reading things it is between Dueler A/T Revo and BFGs?

I'd vote for the Revos. A lot of the guys who plow around here run them. The guy I was going to work for this winter has them on all of his trucks (150s, 250s and a old Jeep), he had them all reshoed last winter with the Revos. The 31" BFG A/Ts on my 250 sucked in the snow. They turned into snow balls at low speeds. I don't know anything about the other brands though, never had any of them.

Originally posted by SplashMan
I'd vote for the Revos. A lot of the guys who plow around here run them. The guy I was going to work for this winter has them on all of his trucks (150s, 250s and a old Jeep), he had them all reshoed last winter with the Revos. The 31" BFG A/Ts on my 250 sucked in the snow. They turned into snow balls at low speeds. I don't know anything about the other brands though, never had any of them.

did you have them siped? i would pay the extra 10/tire, regardless of brand to have them siped.

the duelers are supposed to be pretty good, as are the khumo's....but the BFG is pretty popular and for a good reason.

Originally posted by udmsvt
stick with the BFGs. some 1st gens can fit 31s w/o rub, some cant. if you can, i would otherwise i would recommend 30x9.5 BFGs.....no worry of rub, aggressive tread, nice ride, great wear/warranty.

What warranty would that be?

---------------------------

The a/t's are all going to be pretty much the same. It really depends on what you can spend. If you have a Pep Boys near you, they have some great a/t's that are inexpensive and have a mileage warranty.

The Geolanders are probably the softest tire you have listed there and won't last you very long.

50k, and expect them to last that long from what i hear.

50k, and expect them to last that long from what i hear.

Is this a new warranty? The K/O doesn't have a mileage warranty.

it sure does...i just bout 2 the other day. the M/T doesnt but the T/A KO does

maybe its just where i got them or the fact i got the road hazard but my paperwork from discount tire says 50k treadlife warranty for my 32x11.5x15 BFG all terrain ta-ko's i was suprised too.

even so, they will still last that long from what i hear. i'll let you know for sure in 50k.

I am not trying to be a pr|ck, just think you should check it out. Discount tire could tell you that when it's not true as, for instance, a sale tactic. I say go back and find out what's up. If they misled you they will pay.....

I can't read that....LOL

Actually, if they printed it on your receipt then I'd say yer pretty safe. I was reading up on the road hazard and the free tire cert seems to be better than the mileage. If we had a Disc Tire around here I would have bought tires from them.

ok, try this:

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 402

Well, Discount Tire will be doing the warranty because they printed it.

could be. i did some research and sears says no warranty....must be Discount tire. I STAND CORRECTED ON THE WARRANTY. however, they do wear very well from what i hear.

the Dueler AT Revo's are great tires, but expensive

try looking at the Regular Dueler AT's, the price is decent and they are a good tire as well

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

could be. i did some research and sears says no warranty....must be Discount tire. I STAND CORRECTED ON THE WARRANTY. however, they do wear very well from what i hear.

Well, as long as we know who is right....LOL:p

Just kidding man......:chug:

Back