• Register Today It's free!

Wierd Vibration

xTOM153x

Reaction score
City, State
West Islip Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I have no clue what this is its been doing it since i got the truck which has been a year now but you notice it most at idle I have a strong vibration thats felt throughout the vehicle I noticed it more after I put in a new fuel filter. RPMS are showing no indication of the symptoms because they stay a steady 900rpm throughout at idle. If it helps at all it feels like its going to stall when taking off from a stop with this vibration but it is showing no indication of it on the tachometer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

turn the car off, and stick your finger in the crank hole, can you move something around in there, if so you need a new crank pulley.

Turns out it was a misfire on 2 cylinders engine light finally came on and was able to check

replaced the plugs and wires because I had to pretty soon anyway seemed one of the wires was completely shot at the end it disintegrated in my hand. The truck runs brand new now after the new plugs and wires and the vibration is gone

Back