Will 33's fit on an unlifted 1991 Ex? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 33's fit on an unlifted 1991 Ex?

I'm a bit shocked they fit.

I'm more shocked you had the Ex on rocks and the tires didn't get fender hungry.

I've seen something new today. Good luck to ya :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's kind of like when they announced Pluto wasn't a planet anymore. Everything you thought you knew just got thrown out the window. Now next time someone asks what the max tire size is on a stock 1st gen, we can say we know of a guy who stuffed 33's on his....

lol, well the only way they fit is the width, otherwise the fenders would be long gone by now. I didn't even know anyone made a 33 in 9.5 lol.

NO joke. 9.5s No way. Never heard of them

if you run over a dime on the street that tire is gonna rip your fender off

thats the visual that went through my head when i first saw those pics, that is amazing.

imagine how nice your truck would look with 4 inches of suspension lift and those tires, go ahead, its only money, right? its why im broke right now. sucks.

Yeah, seeing as how I'm broke i'm going to study the suspension system and see if I cant fabricate my own lift. I've done it before, but that was leaf sprung. Coils are a whole 'nother story.

frikin sweet man! :thumbsup:

my 31's rub like a mother with no lift and still rub a bit with 2". but there 10.50's

Revelation

I was checking my fluids today, and went out of the garage for a breather.

Well, when I turned to go back in, something caught my eye and said "HEY! Look here and think for a second!"

Four0Sport's post about the 4" lift popped in my head, and I realized.... If I did lift her 4", She wouldn't fit in my garage! Oh how her new shoes propped her up enough to make her a BIG GIRL! They grow up so fast.... :(

Sounds like it's time to call up the real estate agent and find a bigger garage!

I flexed it with it taken off, no rubbage issues.

Like I keep telling people. The front hardly flexes. ALMOST All of the flex is in the rear. The suspension is designed to keep the front tires on the ground as long as possible.

In the second pic It's hitting bump stop so the tires wont even touch the wells in the rear.

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

remember people some Explorers came lifted from the factory of could have been lifted by a previous owner.

The same rules do not apply to everyone

That's kind of what I'm thinking cause it seems that other people are getting rub on 31's so mine might be factory modified. Is there any way to check on this? Like a VIN decoder or something?

There is not an aftermarket suspension lift on it. It's all factory parts.

I have never heard of a factory lift for an explorer. Perhaps some have minimal spring sag and there are a few variables that can change where the axle lines up but it's all minimal.

I said "factory modified" not "factory lifted" They could have very well put larger tubs on some. Who knows? Ford is very sneaky like that.

I'm hopefully getting a job with a local dealership so I should be able to start modding/repairing the EX again in a few weeks. First mod it gets will also be a repair and that's going to be Off-road Performance shocks. The ones on it CAME FROM FORD! I noticed the ford stamp on them when I was under it the other day.

Now I'm rambling so I'm going to shut up and go find something to do lol.

Back