Will 35's Fit on my 93 ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 35's Fit on my 93 ???

1993 Explorer. My 31x10.5's look too small on my current ride. I have the following mods: 2 inch Spacers in front, AAL'S and warrior shackles in the rear with pro comps shocks and BFG 31X10.5 MTR's on 15x8 rock crawlers. I have just added a three inch body lift and the tires look tiny now and was curious to see if 35's would fit with minor trimming or to stick with 33's.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to vote NO. I have the 2" spacers in front. Shackles and AAL in back. I fit 33's(ProComp which are actually 32.4") but had to trim the inner fender well quite a bit. Your best bet though is to find somebody with 35's and try them on. Rangers and Jeepers are good chances of finding the same bolt pattern.

Thanks guys.

I did alot of research and still haven't made up my mind. I know 33's will fit without any problems and the 35's will require cutting which I am willing to do if I go this route..................

Anyone with 35's please chime in...........

Thanks

When I had 35s on my rig, I had somewhere around 8-9" of total lift, and could still make the tires rub.

With your 5" of total lift, cutting metal is kind of a understatement if trying to fit 35s. Hacking like hell would be a better description.

I have only read about of couple of people that have fit 35s with 5" of lift. I know that Doug has that setup on his X, but he is in the military now and doesn't have much time for hanging out here on the forums. I am thinking that LizardTrac may have run that setup also for awhile.

A couple of other things to remember though. Your A4LD (if you have an automatic) is probably close to retirement at this point, and 35s will only encourage this. Your front hubs/bearings aren't going to like the 35s at all. And your stock axle gear ratios are probably no good for 35s either.

Stepping up to 35s, and using them successfully, takes a bit more work than just making them fit.

I was running 6" and 35's and still had to whip out the sawzall on the front.

Matt

Thanks guys.

I am going to go with 33 LTB Swampers for my ride. I know these tires aren't the greatest for the street but the only time my x is on the street is when I am enroute to the trail. They are perfect for the mud and sand I come across here is southern N.J.

Have some low mile 31 BFG mud terrains if anyone is interested. ;)

How much for those BFG's? Got any pics?

Have them sold already local as soon as I dismount them, Thanks though........

I've got 35's on a 2nd generation with 4" of lift and still had to cut 2" or so of sheetmetal in the front fenderwell. Doug has a 2nd generation and so does FordBeast98,... but you have a 1st generation. There is more fenderwell clearance in 2nd generations than in first. Gofast had 9" of lift (6" suspension + 3" body lift) on his former early model Explorer and when he put 35" tires on before he whipped out a SawzAll, it would rub like crazy even on the street.

Yes, you would indeed have to "hack like hell" as Robb said to do it on yours.

dejello has 35's on 8" wheels on his first gen with only the 5.5 Superlift. I know he did some trimming, but whatever he did it doesnt look "hacked up". Im sure he still has some rubbing issues, but he beats the snot out of it offroad so it cant rub too bad. Maybe PM him and see what he did.

attachment.php

Back