Will a Body lift with 32's look dumb? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will a Body lift with 32's look dumb?

UWBadgers27

Reaction score
City, State
Menomonee Falls, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I know most people that do a body lift already have the 2" tt and 2" shackle lift but most explorers i see with that combination of lift they all run 33" tires. It just seems like the wheel wells are to filled which doesn't allow enough flex and what not. Thats just how i feel, not trying to tell anyone that they're dumb for running 33's. I know 33's will do better in mud most likely. I just want my explorer to be able to flex more without having that back tire bottom out in the wheel well.

So with a 2" tt and 2" shackle lift with a 3" body lift running 32's look dumb?

If anyone has that set up, pics would b awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it would look straight dudeee

i've been all over google trying to see if anyone has that setup but i don't see it anywhere. Especially on my exploder. Mines a 2001 explorer sport.

I reckon it'll look pretty bloody good mate:thumbsup:

Thanks dude, I'm hoping for some pics eventually to convince me but your input helps alot :)

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of what i'm working with now

I only have 31's with 3 inch B.L and shackles, and I don't think it looks dumb.

It'll look great. There's a lifted 2nd gen picture thread on here. Search through there and I'm sure you'll find some people with that setup.

Looks fine to me!

OK, it looks awesome. I love the pics. Now heres a tough one. Does anyone with a 2001-2003 Explorer Sport run that set up... Pics? I'm gonna go take pics in a couple minutes here as soon as i crawl out of bed lol

03071720.jpg
01172303.jpg
01172304.jpg
02141624.jpg
03110937a.jpg
03110937.jpg

Yeah i've seen that explorer before on here and with the lift he has it just seems like must rub in so many places unless he did trimming on it cause i rub sometimes with 32's

I do rub at full lock on the sway bar. But I am on stock wheels with no spacers.

Yeah i've seen that explorer before on here and with the lift he has it just seems like must rub in so many places unless he did trimming on it cause i rub sometimes with 32's

Where are you rubbing at?

i rub on the front bumper inside the wheel well but i don't want to trim that at all because i'm hopefully doing a body lift soon. and i only rub when i'm going a decent speed, i don't rub when i'm moving slow

It will look really nice.

Back