Will a Superlift 4" suspension lift work in a 2002 Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will a Superlift 4" suspension lift work in a 2002 Sport?

Rox26

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I recently rolled and totaled my 2001 Sport, and I am now in the market for another Sport. Right now I am looking at a 2002 Sport that is within my price range, and I want to put in a Superlift 4" lift into it after I get it. Their website states that the K494 lift kit only fits 1996-2001 Sports but I am relatively positive that there isn't much different if anything different about the 2002 and 2003 Sports suspension that would prevent the kit from working. I may be completely wrong about all of this information and please enlighten me if that is true because that is what I am asking for.
Kit mentioned:
http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?P=K494&V=248

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why don't you call superlift and ask them.

that would be the best answer you can get.

they are open 8 to 5 weekdays. phone number is on the website.

hope is helps.

:salute:

why don't you call superlift and ask them.

that would be the best answer you can get.

they are open 8 to 5 weekdays. phone number is on the website.

hope is helps.

I was thinking about doing that, but I figured asking you guys first because I thought people would know, and they are closed right now.

look under the front end of it just the front wheel,,
does it have torsion bars?
can you for sure say you see them ??
can you put up a picture of them ??

if so we can help you as good as Superlift can,,
answer these questions and request and we will let you know right away,

your looking for these under there,,

TorsionBar1.gif

it fits that one for sure,,,

That's what I thought, I just wanted some clarification before I pulled the trigger. It just confused me that they wouldn't advertise that the kit fit those two years after.

if you look in the one picture of the front end cut off just behind the front wheel you can see the t bar in the picture in the wheelwell,

Superlift makes the kit, not the Explorer, but they don't always know exact models, and specs to a t ,,

if you look in the one picture of the front end cut off just behind the front wheel you can see the t bar in the picture in the wheelwell,

Superlift makes the kit, not the Explorer, but they don't always know exact models, and specs to a t ,,

I saw that bar and thought for a fact it was the torsion bar, thanks for the help! :D

I have installed that lift kit,
it's not hard, just time consuming,

make a weekend out of it,, with some friends like i did,, and enjoy,

I have installed that lift kit,
it's not hard, just time consuming,

make a weekend out of it,, with some friends like i did,, and enjoy,

yeah:thumbsup:

Good times!

I do know there is a difference in the spindles in some models.

The superlift spindles (knuckles) will be drilled for both brake caliper positions.

You "could" get a set of larger sport trac rotors and have better brakes very easily while you are at it.

Back