• Register Today It's free!

Will This Work?

KingTriEye

Reaction score
City, State
Hull, Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountaineer Monterey
So I ordered new plugs, wires, and coils from Rock Auto. The wires and plugs came in today. I order the platinum plus plugs and they sent me Bosch Platinum IR Fusion, aparently a better plug.

I normally wouldn't complain at this time, but what i received was 4 plugs that are part 4504 and 4 plugs that are 4505. Is there going to be a difference here? I'm assuming that there has to be a small difference in them.

Thanks

I just looked at sparkplugs.com and it looks like the only thing different is the heat rating? However it has the gap listed at .40 Does this make any sense?

No, it doesn't. I wouldn't use different spark plugs.

I did a lot of research and the only acceptable spark plugs that I found where Autolite XP104. They match the temperature rating of the originals in my V8. I WILL NOT use Motorcraft type since three of them broke off when I tried to replace them - and now they are not even make the original type because of the faulty design.

PS: Heat range is very important. Bosch are too hot for most of the cars - the "IR fusion" ones worked in my Mercury Sable, but not in my wife's Hyundai Sonata. I heard that they don't work good in the V8 5.0L either - they didn't look right for me either.

Back