• Register Today It's free!

window sticker, date when built?

cabman1939

Reaction score
City, State
Rushville, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Can you tell when my 2011 Explorer was built by the window sticker? Is it coded in some of the numbers some were? I can't pick it up until next week. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you tell when my 2011 Explorer was built by the window sticker? Is it coded in some of the numbers some were? I can't pick it up until next week. Thanks.
You can pull the window sticker off the web. I was told by Seni from Ford Customer Service that my Limited was to come off the assembly line Feb. 24th. That date is shown on the bottom right of the sticker. Mine shows 1201102242750.

Thanks Peter. :) I was going to post an "I'm new here" message but was waiting to actually get my Explorer. I just sold my 2003 Cobra :( , now waiting on the Explorer.

Thanks guys. I'm picking up my new XLT on Tuesday. It looks like it was built on 11/22/10. It also looks like I might be asking for trouble since it's an early build date. We will see.

this thread was helpful, I figured out my explorer was built 02/21, is there anything I should be concerned with, that might have happened during that date at the assembly line?

March 3, 2011 for me. :) Due to arrive at the dealership Monday, then shipped to me! Woohoo!

Way Out There

Hey kdog, congrats on the new ride. How does it work when you're Way Out There in HI? You say it's "shipped to you" from the dealer. On the mainland? And is delivery lots more for you than the buyers just down the street from the factory, or does everybody pay the same?

Speaking of buyers down the street the factory, I hope you are properly grateful that yours was built March 3 and you'll have it about two weeks later. This is especially true after reading the woeful tales of people in or near Chicago who ordered months ago and still don't have it in the driveway. Wow!

Back