• Register Today It's free!

Wiring harness

Will23

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer sport
I am switching some doors from my 94 Explorer to my 91 Explorer and I cannot figure out how to get the wiring harness out from the door does anyone have any any knowledge of that. I would so much appreciate somebody's input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had some success with removing the rubber accordion pieces on both sides and then pushing the connectors through 1 at a time. They won’t all fit through at once.

I have had some success with removing the rubber accordion pieces on both sides and then pushing the connectors through 1 at a time. They won’t all fit through at once.
Are you talking of the connectors that go in the door for the door locks windows and such

This is exactly how I do it. Remove all the switches from the harness, detach the harness from the door itself where it is clipped on, and slowly feed it out of the hole in the door where it goes in. There is a rectangle plug inside each of the door pillars that it attaches to.

You can also simply unplug that connection inside the pillars and pull the harness off the body that way too. I have a few door harnesses saved in case mine go to ****.

Back