how to connect door wiring harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to connect door wiring harness

mtneer

Reaction score
City, State
Broomfield, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Hi, I installed a door today and need to hook up the wiring harness from the door to the main harness. I can't access the two sockets to plug the harness into because they are inside the chassis. I had to cut the existing wiring harness to remove the old door and pull the connectors out with pliers. The "sockets" remained inside the chassis. There is a small hole to insert the connectors but there is not enough space to do so. This is the driver side front door. Does anyone know how to access these:usa: wiring "sockets"? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think its easyr to go through the kick panel. and take the parking brake off. that how i did it. and welcom :D :thumbsup:

i think its easyr to go through the kick panel. and take the parking brake off. that how i did it. and welcom :D :thumbsup:

Thanks. I thought of that, but it looked like a lot of work, and I wasn't sure it would give me access. That is exactly where the connections are though. I'll give it a try, thanks again. I wonder why they made this so difficult.

I went in the kick panel just enough to move the connectors. Then held it with 1 finger while pushing the door part in. It took a while but it worked.

I've since extended the wiring.
doors019.jpg

Back